Family issue

Not me. I don't have an XBox, so it's drink and XHamster.

Isn't spilling your seed a sin?
Tut, tut no paradise for you.
Have you considered Norse gods they're a bit more tolerant of that type of thing?

Maybe he's just sh*****g himself about being on civvy street and is hiding indoors to avoid having to confront it. I imagine 14 years in a highly structured and organised environment followed by the relative chaos and isolation of civilian life can be daunting for some to start with. Sounds a bit extreme but there are obviously head issues going on and if they didn't manifest while in the army then I'd think the change would have had something to do with it.

Also I suppose it depends on if he wanted to leave.
Absolutely, that was my point in relation to the 'recently left' factor. ETA my own experience began just under a year after coming home. In no way did I link it to my service experience. How could it be? I'd been there, bought the tee shirt...and given it back......and quite apart,from all that, my symptoms were physical. During an 'attack' I couldnt breath or swallow, had enormous palpitations, chest pain and an utter feeling of impending dread. Social withdrawal was an easy option and the meds - libraxin, diazapham, hemineveran (delightful stuff) and of course, the fags. (fortunately I had never been a boozer). It began in '81 and I eventually decided to stop all the meds and the fags one day in '95 when after reading an article in 'mens health about smoking' and throwing up after eating kippers (Heminevarin is bad going down, but it is pure evil coming back up).
I kept the diazaphams in my pocket, unused, until I felt confident enough in 2000 to chuck them in the bin. Owe a lot to an elderly psychiatrist who, after two years of dealing with lesser beings, was able to explain to me what was happening and reassure me that it wouldn't kill me and would, one day, get better. He was spot on, It didn't and it did - but it takes someone to help and that requires a personal recognition that there is a problem...........and that takes time.

Glad you came through mate.

;Just left' - how long ago. If it is very recent I would have thought that any sign of PTSD would have been picked up in a pre-discharge medical review.
Have you had a discharge medical recently? Unless you are visibly foaming from the mouth and flinging your shit across the waiting room, it is unlikely they will detect any mental problems.

Ill try and be brief.
I have a younger brother who's been in the army for 14 years.
Any idea why he left? Its unusual that people who are past their 12 year point leave before their 22 unless they have a better job lined up.
Was he booted out?

Any idea why he left? Its unusual that people who are past their 12 year point leave before their 22 unless they have a better job lined up.
Was he booted out?

Or left for a chick and then his relationship broke-up. That would probably do it.

Or left for a chick and then his relationship broke-up. That would probably do it.

That's usually soldiers in their first few years, by your 14 year point you are experienced enough to know they are all two timing snakes with tits who should be purged from Gods green earth with steel and fire, but I digress, I attended a presentation where they show what years people jump, 4 and 5 were the most popular, 6,7,8 quite a few and then a final push at the 12 year point, after that almost everyone hung on for their pension. I dont think Ive ever known anyone to get out between 12 and 22 unless they had a decent job lined up except one pioneer who PVRed at his 19 or 20 year point because he had been bust to a tom and was posted back to 23 regt.

Ill try and be brief.
I have a younger brother who's been in the army for 14 years. He has just left and staying at our mum's house.
But 6 months ago we had an argument over FB and he blocked and deleted me on everything.

Hearing from my mum he hates my guts and has told her he wishes me dead.
Since moving back he has just been on his Xbox till 5 in the morning getting up at 2 aftenoon and back on the Xbox. He's just eating Sweet's crisps and fizzy drinks even found a bottle of piss.
We can't understand what he's saying and can't take jokes, never smiles and just storms off like a child when you bring him up on it.

He's causing my mum a lot of stress and she can't understand why he's like this. I've said it's sounds like he's got Asperger's and she is saying it's PTSD which I think it's certainly not.
He certainly needs to seek help which he refuses as its everyone else that has a problem. He's 33 btw.

Any help advice much appreciated.

any photos of your mum?

Troy

LE
Has he really left the Army or has he just gone AWOL and is in hiding?

Get in contact with his old regiment and see if they would take him back. Tell them they've just created a complete waster and need to sort him out under warranty.

Wooohh woohhh,
I'm an alien,
I'm a legal aliaaaan!

I'm an alien,
I'm a legal aliaaaann!

And you aint get no miler,
with my Trydie Styler!

Latest Threads