familiarisation visit to Deepcut

hiya

im going to a familiarisation visit to Deepcut in July, Just wondered what to expect, can anyone help?

Cheers

Laura

Borrow some kevlar before your visit, bonny lass.

You will hate just about every minute of it there. Because I'm too lazy to view your past posts, are you still in phase 1 or getting posted there? Either way expect a lot of bullsh*t.

Disagree with most of your last statements about my Glorious Corps but your right you do have a better sense of humour than us (you need it to be a wedge head)

MSI64 said:
Disagree with most of your last statements about my Glorious Corps but your right you do have a better sense of humour than us (you need it to be a wedge head)
Nice to converse with someone who shows a bit of pride in the RLC :worship: , from what I read on here you are in the minority :roll: .

You need it to be a Wedge head
:muhaha: its a prerequisite for joining. :D

BTW Is anybody gonna answer Lauras question?

Depends on what she needs to know, if she is going there as a Phase 2 expect to get f*cked around constantly. The accomodation is sh*t and there is bugger all to do on camp, the staff say it is only a transit camp designed to get you out of there as soon as possible but that is a bunch of bollocks. I spent just shy of 6 months there doing nothing but areas, weapon cleaning, drill and PT. If you are on guard get chatting to one of the RP staff there with a slight tinge of grey in his hair, the guy is a riot.

Edit: Just a warning, I'm extremely cynical about Deepcut since I've been there far too long, others don't find it too bad if they get out fast enough.

Lots of Phase two continuation training Drill,SAA,BFAT that sort of thing they will show you the accomadation and generally let you know what to expect when you finally get there Facilities for Phase Two recruits are supposed to be excellent Internet suite,your own bar, good gym. Hope this answers your questions.

vampireuk said:
Depends on what she needs to know, if she is going there as a Phase 2 expect to get f*cked around constantly. The accomodation is sh*t and there is bugger all to do on camp, the staff say it is only a transit camp designed to get you out of there as soon as possible but that is a bunch of balls. I spent just shy of 6 months there doing nothing but areas, weapon cleaning, drill and PT. If you are on guard get chatting to one of the RP staff there with a slight tinge of grey in his hair, the guy is a riot.

Edit: Just a warning, I'm extremely cynical about Deepcut since I've been there far too long, others don't find it too bad if they get out fast enough.
The accomodation is shit.........Its 20 times better than what you could rent for half the price, and its the hilton compared to living in the jungle or desert on hard routine, and if theres bugger all to do try putting one foot in front of the other and making it to the busstop and exploring the world outside the wire, Im sure the director is kicking himself that he concentrated on values and standards and dress at the Army Navy when he should have been developing a Neverland style ranch with the worlds most extreme rollercoaster and a lapdancing vodka bar for some scrote that wants it all on a plate.

Just to recap you have spent 6 months training, mate wait till youve done a week or two in the real army you will crave and appreciate it, I take it you are fit as now then? Doing a Sub 8.30 BPFA??, No I thought not.

Rant complete Bacon sandwich time

vampireuk said:
Depends on what she needs to know, if she is going there as a Phase 2 expect to get f*cked around constantly. The accomodation is sh*t and there is bugger all to do on camp, the staff say it is only a transit camp designed to get you out of there as soon as possible but that is a bunch of balls. I spent just shy of 6 months there doing nothing but areas, weapon cleaning, drill and PT. If you are on guard get chatting to one of the RP staff there with a slight tinge of grey in his hair, the guy is a riot.

Mate I realize you are cynical but perhaps you should have focussed on the positives rather than the negative Try selling your Corps and you may feel a little better about it all, am not saying lie, just let others make there own minds up before you start putting it down.
Just curious but why did you spend six months there, surely a course for your trade must have run during that six months.

Surely a FAM visit is for potential Officers?

If so, prepare for 'death By powerpoint', some nifty Command Tasks, a dinner in the Mess, some interviews and the unwelcome advances of pissed Subalterns and dirty old Colonels (so I've heard :) ).

Latest Threads