Fam Visit (REME and Signals)

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Tont007, Mar 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

This is my first post.

I have my REME fam visit on Monday and a Signals fam visit in April and was just wondering what to expect from them.

I'm looking forward to the visit and have received a pack with details, itenerary, kit list etc. Im getting my bag ready at the moment, are there any extra things that could be useful to take that are not on kit list?

2. A sense of humour. Signals visit is good fun; just what's on the list is fine - you spend most of your time in coveralls or a suit.
  3. Wow that was a speedy response!

Kit list and humour, got it!

4. I went on the sigs fam visit late last year. Good fun, interesting people. Bring a towell.
  5. Thanks for reply.

For my signals visit I am travelling from Newcastle. Is it possible to arrange to arrive a day early as I'm coming from a distance or not really?
  6. Only one way to find out - give them a ring and ask!
  7. You can arrive whenever you like, but you will have to sort yourself out accomodation for the extra night. One chap on my visit flew in from ireland and stayed in a bnb the night before.
  8. I rang signals and they said to just arrive on day. 6 hour train so it'll be log but not too bad!

When you're in the officers mess is the dress code smart (suited and booted) at all times? Just wondering.

Thanks again for replies!
  9. For what concerns the visit, yes that's the dress code. You'll spend very little time there though - meals and bar time!