False Advertising MTP

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by defender, Mar 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just been looking through the latest Soldier Magazine and there is a company advertising MTP cut down hats. Is this not false advertising as it is not available to civilian manufactures?

My main concern is young soldiers not knowing any better and wasting their money on something that first is not what is advertised and also something they might not be able to wear.

2. If you don't know the difference between mtp and mc then its your tough luck people should know by now that you can't buy mtp.

3. Will that be the ad that says "Multicam/MTP"?

4. It is but still should not use MTP as it is missleading

5. Take it up with the Advertising Standards Agency, if it had just stated MTP I'd agree with you but since multicam is mentioned before the "/" I don't see the problem.

Besides whatever happened to Caveat Emptor?

6. Yes fair point.

And I know it is only a hat that is advertised like this but what next a £100 belt kit or other expensive items.

7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Alternatively you could just stop schimfing about inconsequential kak and get a life you fcuking underpant.

8. Why do yourself out of the amusement of seeing one of the crows spend £100 on something, wear it for twenty minutes thinking he's johnny ten men and then being raped by the Badge before the offending item is banished to the bottom of an MFO box for the next twenty years?

9. Why can't you buy MTP?

A family friend owns one of the UK's biggest outdoor clothing manufacturers - his man in China can retro engineer or reproduce pretty much any of his rivals fabric, product or design within about a week.

10. because it copyrighted by crye

11. I was at the DVD Show last year and one of the visitors tried to purchase an item of MTP from the MOD Uniform Display for the same purpose of reverse engineering.

He was told in no uncertain terms by a 'Senior Bod' in a suit from the MOD of the errors of his ways.

12. Given that Berghaus, Rab, north face & ME have had their kit ripped off the MOD & their 'eagle eyed lawyers' will pose no problem to those in the industry - how can you copyright a pattern??

Guarantee MTP kit will be openly for sale by the end of this year.

13. "New SAS / SBS Multicam / MTP Smock XL 4 front pockets with Soldier 95 buttons, flip top and inside D-Ring for lanyards. Side zip"

There it does