Fallujah contracter killings - deja vu?

#2
Perhaps fearful of public reaction in America, where support for the war is falling, US officials suppressed details of the Sept 20 attack, which bore a striking resemblance to the murder of four other contractors in Fallujah last year.
So storms of Fallujah were ineffective?
 
#3
razorman said:
4 contracters killed in Duluyia last month

US military confirms story

Unlike the incident in Fallujah last year which was heavily reported, this has only just come to light a month after the event. Doused with petrol and then burnt alive - nasty way to go .
For people considering getting out of the Military and joining in the big wide world of the Contractor, take a look at this stats site and it just may make you think again, a lot of decent guys working in Security teams have been killed...

Iraq Contractor Casualties to date
 
#6
at the end of the day in spite of whatever we do for them,the perception seems to be ,they don't like us and dont care how many of us die, as long as we leave in the end , when we do i reckon the whole house of cards will collapse.

correct me if i am wrong. i hope
 
#7
RedMistUK said:
razorman said:
4 contracters killed in Duluyia last month

US military confirms story

Unlike the incident in Fallujah last year which was heavily reported, this has only just come to light a month after the event. Doused with petrol and then burnt alive - nasty way to go .
For people considering getting out of the Military and joining in the big wide world of the Contractor, take a look at this stats site and it just may make you think again, a lot of decent guys working in Security teams have been killed...

Iraq Contractor Casualties to date
Excellent site, RedMist.

From a close firend of mine who has been working in the private security world, the problems seem to arise when you end up working with some "less-than-professional" teams. When you work with ex-British mil types, you know what training and skills they have, and each understands their own role. Some of the other nationalities seem to have a Maverick streak, are less than skilled in some areas and can be a hinderance rather than a help.

I would recommend that anyone wishing to start in this line of work looks closely at the company they intend to work for, and (more importantly) who they will be working with.

Ghost
 
#8
RedMistUK said:
For people considering getting out of the Military and joining in the big wide world of the Contractor, take a look at this stats site and it just may make you think again, a lot of decent guys working in Security teams have been killed.
Thats what the big moneys for. To be honest if it bothers you I don't think you should even have been in the army. S**t happens.
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#9
I hope we do pull out and soon. I couldn't give a toss about Iraq or any of its population. I don't give a shit how many of them or their kids die. A good civil war will sort the place out and the winner will be just as bad as the man currently standing trial. It's how these people live and it's what they are used to, so let them have it back.

The longer we hang around the worse it appears to become.
 
#12
Ghost_Rider said:
RedMistUK said:
razorman said:
4 contracters killed in Duluyia last month

US military confirms story

Unlike the incident in Fallujah last year which was heavily reported, this has only just come to light a month after the event. Doused with petrol and then burnt alive - nasty way to go .
For people considering getting out of the Military and joining in the big wide world of the Contractor, take a look at this stats site and it just may make you think again, a lot of decent guys working in Security teams have been killed...

Iraq Contractor Casualties to date
Excellent site, RedMist.

From a close firend of mine who has been working in the private security world, the problems seem to arise when you end up working with some "less-than-professional" teams. When you work with ex-British mil types, you know what training and skills they have, and each understands their own role. Some of the other nationalities seem to have a Maverick streak, are less than skilled in some areas and can be a hinderance rather than a help.

I would recommend that anyone wishing to start in this line of work looks closely at the company they intend to work for, and (more importantly) who they will be working with.

Ghost
Ghost, Absolutely spot on! it's not simply a case of get out join any Company and earn the big bucks...It is very relevant just who you join if you wish to continue your Professional approach you had gained through your military career and to be in teams of likewise guys you can trust and know what their skills are, a few Companies out there are full of people you wouldn't want to be within 100m of let alone part of their team as you are likely to get killed...and it's not only some 'other nationalities' you'd be surprised.
 
#13
RedMistUK said:
Bossdog said:
RedMistUK said:
For people considering getting out of the Military and joining in the big wide world of the Contractor, take a look at this stats site and it just may make you think again, a lot of decent guys working in Security teams have been killed.
Thats what the big moneys for. To be honest if it bothers you I don't think you should even have been in the army. S**t happens.
WHAT THE F%^K ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!!!!! WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT IT BOTHERING ME??????????? There's been a lot of talk about people getting out to go into security for the money and this is aimed at them, I DID MY TIME IN THE ARMY BOSSDOG and HAPPEN TO HAVE BEEN A CONTRACTOR OUT THERE "WHERE THE BIG MONEYS AT!!!"!!!!!
Applause.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top