Fallujah children's 'genetic damage'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by pp0470, Jul 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cancer, leukaemia and infant mortality are all increasing in the Iraqi town of Fallujah, which saw fierce fighting between US forces and Sunni insurgents, a new survey says.

Still one of the most dangerous places in Iraq, doctors have been reporting a large number of birth defects since the 2004 offensive.

BBC News - Fallujah children's 'genetic damage'

Any thoughts/theories? I was wondering if there are any figures available for service personnel (USA or UK) and genetic birth defects of their offspring
  2. Call me old fasioned by thinking logicaly but maybe because there is no longer sanctions and a complete bastard is no longer in charge the people are maybe going and getting medical treatment for their children and more of these problems are being reported rather than left to the will of Allah and not reporting their assent to heaven.

Not that the BBC would use a unscientific survey carried out with no support of those actualy treating the children to get a Americia is evil in the Middle East story.
  3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

It will be those power lines, you know those that in the 90's were blamed for natures way of fcuking people over with leukaemia which which we need to blame on someone.

Life is crap, its no ones fault, unless they have money and you might be able to get some. I think its called greed, a western hemisphere problem that we have been exporting for a while now.

Hey I'm 42 and have been working around electro magnetic radiation for nigh on 26 years and don't yet have cancer or leukaemia, although it may have made me sterile as I have no kids, oh no I used condoms.
  4. I anxiously await the reports now of all the depleted uranium ordnance lying about.
  5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Don't bother, it will suit whoever is presenting the reports. Hung around some of that sh1t in 1991, not fcuked me up too much yet, but then I'm not looking for a payout.
  6. Fair points ref. compensation that I hadn't considered. Worrying figures though & so sad for the children, whatever the cause. Cheers.