Fallout 3 as an WoW type game!

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by amazing__lobster, Sep 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This: http://www.fallenearth.com/

It's looking pretty awesome, like a cross between Mad Max and World of Warcraft.

Oh, and the sniper trailer here: http://www.fallenearth.com/node/6 is almost enough to make me consider getting in the whole MMO thing.

What do people think? Are there any ARRSErs who have picked this up on the radar?

2. I'd not seen this until now.

Completed Fallout 3 a while back, and loved it. Played a bit of WoW as well, enjoyed it, but got a bit bored in the end.

This shows potential!

3. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Think I saw mention of this on MMORPG.com a year or two back. I could probably be tempted... did Asheron's Call, Lord Of The Rings Online, Warhammer Online and a few other MMOs and I do love them. Unfortunately they're horrendously addictive.

They should do an official Fallout MMO because it's far and away one of the greatest RPG franchises ever done.

4. Anyone bought this one yet?

5. I've not got it yet - I still need to reinstall windows on my Macbook. I'll have it within the next week or so, as I've decided I'm going to give it a try.

6. Excellent. Could you please let me know how you get on with it?

7. Oh God no.

No.

No!

My social life will go down the pan. At least Fallout 3 has an end!

Not going to buy it... it's just not worth it! :twisted:

8. I'm considering playing Fallout 3 again. There are so many variations on the quests, and there's so much of the game I didn't do, despite finishing the game.

9. Aye, I did pretty much that when I got the DLC packs for it - decided to go through the whole again and try some different angles on it.

Not exactly endless variation, but definitely some decent replay value in it!

10. BrunoNoMedals

How much was the DLC? I've just downloaded those mods mentioned in the other F3 thread and I can't get them working. Gutted, as I've just finished Mass Effect and wanted to get stuck into something else.

I might try the 30-day free trial for Fallen Earth but I'm not convinced by their website. Looks a little unpolished to me. That said, I haven't had chance to check out any of the trailers yet.

11. Well I really liked Fallout 3, but I've really dislike the WoW types games. This could be a good compromise.

12. BrunoNoMedals

All the decent MMOs were D&D-type fantasy. Very few Sci-Fi ones were ever done, and I don't know of any post-apocalyptic ones (so if there were any, they weren't worth playing). All that springs to mind is Star Wars Galaxies, which started good and screwed itself over, and Anarchy Online which was one of the earlier MMOs once Everquest, Ultima and Asheron's Call had become established - so well before WoW. It was pants of the highest order.

Sci-Fi games are harder to implement in the MMO world because people expect guns, and the whole damage/accuracy/evasion/protection thing either gets over-simplified or silly. My opinion, anyway.

13. Can't remember exactly how much (I'm at work and can't check - I'll confirm later) but I think I paid about £7 or £8 each in Microsoft points.

Don't take that as Gospel though...

Don't tempt me to have a look at the trailers :D what makes you think it looks unpolished? Just overall impressions or specifics?

14. I think that is about right for the Fallout 3 DLC, 800 MS points or so. I initially downloaded them in the UK and brought my 360 back to Germany and then tried to play the mods, they didn't work. Turns out you need to be online when you try to play them for the first time. After that you can go offline.

15. I'm downloading it now will let you know if its any good.