Fallon Resigns

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Ned_Seagoon, Nov 1, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. F f s, that ghastly old trout Anna Soubry is on the Beeb yet again - another mega-moan remoaner - Andrew Marr Show now.
    And, Shabby Rachel - the Corbynista with the disturbingly deep voice - was doing their paper review last night.
    Along with the chubby Scots-Pakistani ex Labour adviser/comedienne, who has a long name containing lots of ks and zs, they seem to have a permanent seat on the BBC ponification council

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. The only common denominator among these various hand on knee/attempted to kiss/ looked at me in a funny way 'complainers', is that nobody has ever heard of them - there seems to be a fair bit of 'cooee, look at me' going on

(JH-B being the exception, in already having a profile - and even she, disappointingly, seemed to relish the attention....."it was 15 years ago, it didn't bother me in the slightest..." so why mention it in the first place, you gorgeous pouting amazonian - but still a silly tart - you?)

• Like Like x 3
  3. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Back to Fallon - Andrea's brief attempt to bag the limelight by raking up a triviality from the past has backfired now the papers are saying it was some completely different woman with a much more serious issue that forced TM to suggest to Fallon that he might like to take a career break. I reckon there's more to come here anyway. His and others' constituency associations have to decide whether they can still sell their men on the doorstep knowing that Lab & Lib going to rake everything up again in 2020.

• Like Like x 1
  4. No, that's Michael Howard. Of whom Anne Widderspeak so memorably said "There's something of the night about him".

Mandelson's just an over-rated spin-doctor.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Whilst I recall Anne Widdecombe's comment regarding Michael Howard, please Google 'Mandelson, Prince of Darkness' and see how many hits you get. Admittedly they are all newspaper headlines but someone must have coined the phrase initially and it stuck.

Overrated spin-doctor he may be, but he has influence and that counts.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. Flight

Flight LE Book Reviewer

Curious you should mention this as the vast majority of names on the spreadsheet are candidates who were parachuted in to very safe ( 50%+) tory seats to the fury of the Turnip Taliban in 2010.

Other than a couple of marginals in Cornwall and Wales the pattern is very strong.

A great many have also been promoted since, presumably above many MPs whose own turnips selected them.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  7. Turnip Taliban - arf.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. The SDSR undermined Fallon's promise that as broadcast on BBC Scotland of 13 Frigates and he allowed it to go through. As for 3 being the first batch, no one up here believes we will ever see the full 13 or even 8.

10. You have got to be joking, surely?

11. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash LE Moderator

I think he means in its original concept and execution, rather than an organisation doing breast augmentation for healthcare tourists, if I may use hyperbole.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  12. You will see at least 8.

13. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

What nobody forecast was the technical advance in medical science with the exponential rise in enormously expensive new treatments. Nor that the NHS would be burdened with health tourists and vanity cosmetic surgery and IVF. Nor that the Govt would cap medical student numbers so that there would never be enough doctors. Nor that the Govt would continue the split between centrally funded treatment of the elderly and local authority liability for looking after those who did not need strictly medical treatment, so that the LAs would drag their feet over getting the elderly out of hospital, leaving a residue of bed-blockers. I could go on and on and on and on ...

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  14. Priti Patel should fall on her sword due to her undisclosed meeting with the Israelis.
    May plans new code after Patel apology

The BBC understands Ms Patel suggested some of Britain's aid budget go to the Israeli army, after the visit.

She asked her officials to see if Britain could support humanitarian operations conducted by the Israeli army in the occupied Golan Heights area.

The BBC understands the Foreign Office advised that since Britain did not officially recognise Israel's annexation of the area, it would be hard for the Department for International Development to work there.

Ms Patel held a number of undisclosed meetings with business and political figures during a family holiday in August.

Shame, because I liked her.

15. She is not white, nor male... she is safe.

• Like Like x 2