Fallon Resigns

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Ned_Seagoon, Nov 1, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC reporting. First casualty of the scandal.

• Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. But who is going to be handed the poisoned challice that the MoD is, even worse than the Ulster brief.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Priti Patel?

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. She's doing well at DFID, bringing them under control. Needs to be someone who hates the idea of a European army.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Splendid news. Labour now on the back foot with their nasty little ginger wretch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. He said his behaviour in the past may have "fallen short" of the standards expected by the UK military.

Fallon resigns over behaviour claims

That's an interesting one. Gives May the chance to say what an honourable chap he is and sets a possible precedent for 'how can the minister remain given that his/her standards fall well below those expected of the public servants in the department he/she leads?' (and for Shadow Ministers, delete 'lead' and replace with 'aspires to lead').

And may causes all sorts of bother by way of precedent for those of a senior disposition who fail the service test...

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
  7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Sir Michael Fallon has resigned as Defence Secretary in the wake of allegations about sexually inappropriate behaviour after admitting that his past conduct may have "fallen below" the high standards expected of him. In a statement to the press Sir Michael said "I was going for the clunge. The knee is far below that. I am deeply ashamed."

• Funny Funny x 42
  8. One person mentiond on another site for Defence Sec, Jacob Rees-Mogg. A man of very high intelligence and cuts through the BS, tells it how it is and appears throughly likeable. The latter trait is unusual in a politician.

• Like Like x 20
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. J H-B would have snapped his neck. She doen't have a problem over this.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Good f***ing riddance.

That said, given the size of the hole in Defence Funding just now, I'd not be surprised if he hasn't taken advantage of circumstances to ditch a toxic appointment

Priti Patel for Defence; and if she wants an MA / PSO / bag carrier, I am but a phone call away........

[​IMG]

That look on her face; when she saw me in my phys kit, that was.

• Funny Funny x 24
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. What does this mean for defence?

12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Means they need a new Defence Secretary, otherwise, normal jogging.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 6
  13. New Secretary of State? Other than that very little.

14. Someone rising up within the area of defence has been our local MP - Mark Lancaster. Currently Minister of State for the Armed Forces with personnel, veterans and reserves as his remit. Also a (reserve) Colonel in the Royal Engineers.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  15. He's a lightweight. He would never last on here.

• Funny Funny x 15
    • Like Like x 6