• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Fallingbostel revisited

nark said:
Hi all,

I'm paying a nostalgic visit to Fallingbostel on 18-19 December, does anyone know any good watering holes to go to? Last time I was there in 1983 it was Filters Tanzcafe and Harry's Bar. Is the Copperkettle still there, it was run by an ex-RRF WO and his German wife?

And may I pre-empt any critics of my visit - yes I am a sad t**t!
The 'Copper Kettle' is still there but is now run by an ex RTR 'Bandy'. 'Filters' has had a name change as has 'Harry's'! Just cfm was that the pub next to the Railway crossing? The Lowenbrau restuarant has also had a name change and the pub on the LHS just around the corner if you're heading towards Walsrode (name escapes me) is now an insurance gaff! :x I'm sure you'll find somewhere in 'Falling-Bar-Stool'!!! :D

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
soprano54 said:
nark said:
Hi all,

I'm paying a nostalgic visit to Fallingbostel on 18-19 December, does anyone know any good watering holes to go to? Last time I was there in 1983 it was Filters Tanzcafe and Harry's Bar. Is the Copperkettle still there, it was run by an ex-RRF WO and his German wife?

And may I pre-empt any critics of my visit - yes I am a sad t**t!
The 'Copper Kettle' is still there but is now run by an ex RTR 'Bandy'. 'Filters' has had a name change as has 'Harry's'! Just cfm was that the pub next to the Railway crossing? The Lowenbrau restuarant has also had a name change and the pub on the LHS just around the corner if you're heading towards Walsrode (name escapes me) is now an insurance gaff! :x I'm sure you'll find somewhere in 'Falling-Bar-Stool'!!! :D
Soprano, when did the Kettle change hands.

The pub by the railway crossing is known as Big Bens and sells a fine choice of white powder. Avoid like the plague, or Cha Cha's.