Falling standards

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Dashing_Chap, Feb 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening chaps,

The other day I discovered that one of my fine drinking gents is an old boy from one of the most, well… the most elite school in England. Having then discovered that I was indeed surrounded by toffs, I decided to observe their habits. Some of them look remarkably like that Tim-nice-but-dim chap from Harry Enfield, the whole expression on their face like they’ve just been slapped by a wet kipper & eyes slightly too close together… Turns out one even likes reading magazines designed for the satisfaction of observing older ladies! :lol:

Anyhoo, whilst observing the supertoff I couldn’t help but notice his strange table manners. Fair enough, we were in a rather dire mainstream restaurant & preposterously drunk, but to my horror, I noticed him holding his fork at a 90 degree angle, straight up to the ceiling & holding his knife as he would a pen! 8O

I beg you forgive me if my distress should seem trivial, but if the elite of hoorays can’t even lead in table manners what effect does this have on British integrity? Are we to succumb to a globalised version of table manners? I hate to think we’d start cutting meals up with a knife & then only using a fork to eat a la yankee style!

Has anyone ever noticed this sort of thing happening at the factory :?

~D.C.

2. :?

What, Grange Hill...?

3. Just say No.....