Fallen Comrades Toast

During my time in the REME I spent 3 years attached to the RE and I remember a toast that was always made during drinking aimed towards fallen comrades.
I amtrying to find this toast butcannot remember much of it. The reason I ask is that I am doing a speech at my step fathers funeral tomorrow, former RE Cpl, and I feel it would go down quite well.
Any help or pointing in the right direction would be great.
Rsooty

rsooty said:
During my time in the REME I spent 3 years attached to the RE and I remember a toast that was always made during drinking aimed towards fallen comrades.
I amtrying to find this toast butcannot remember much of it. The reason I ask is that I am doing a speech at my step fathers funeral tomorrow, former RE Cpl, and I feel it would go down quite well.
Any help or pointing in the right direction would be great.
Rsooty
Have just seen this, it's a shame no one answered this who may have known the toast you refer to, it could have been particular to the RE Unit you were with. Condolences to you, your Family and your Step Father's friends.

Let us give thanks for the many blessings we have received. Let us give thanks for the security of Britain and for the freedoms we enjoy and experience every day. However, let us also remember the great price that has been paid for that freedom too many times.

We knew them. They lived, they felt, they were as vibrant, as energetic, as immortal as you and I. They were brave. They fell for peace and for freedom in the service of their country. Many may argue about the futility of death and of war, but one should never forget that they died, not in vain, but in honour.

Many times down through the years our country has called, and many men and women have answered the call. Let us not forget our fallen comrades, but remember them always, for they have earned our respect and admiration with their lives.

We knew them, we'll remember them, and they will not be forgotten.

To our fallen comrades