Fallen Canadians

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Gheluvelt, Dec 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Having just today received the Canuk "Soldier Bear" to join the Sgt. Slingsby Team, that really pi66es me off.

Bad luck Canada.
    RIP, REAL Soldiers.

2. RIP, you've served your country well and with honour

3. The article has been updated to state that two other soldiers were seriously wounded in the attack - here's hoping they recover quickly and completely.

4. Two of the three killed have been identified, both were members of 1st Bn The Royal Canadian Regiment. One was on his first tour, the other had been wounded on a previous tour in 2006.

5. RIP Muckers

God Bless

6. R.I.P. Lads

7. RIP Lads. Particularly poignant as one is from my regiment.

CTV News Top Stories

Two Canadian soldiers have died in Afghanistan after a bomb exploded west of Kandahar city. An Afghan policeman and interpreter were also killed in the blast.

The soldiers had been conducting security operations in the volatile Panjwaii district, where Canadian troops have repeatedly fought against Taliban gunmen.

The military has identified the slain soldiers as:

* Warrant Officer Gaeten Joseph Roberge, a member of the Royal 22nd Regiment who was serving with the Irish Regiment of Canada in Sudbury, Ont. He was serving in Afghanistan to help train the country's national police force.
    * Sgt. Greg John Kruse from the 24 Field Squadron, 2 Combat Engineer Regiment based in Petawawa, Ont. He was serving as a member of 3rd Battalion of the Royal Canadian Regiment battle group.

"There are no words to properly express our sorrow at this moment," Brig.-Gen. Denis Thompson, the head of Canadian and NATO forces in Kandahar, said in a statement. "Every one of our soldiers is very dear to us. They are our friends and our brothers."

More on link

EDITED TO CORRECT DATE

8. R.I.P. Lads

9. Rest in Peace, lads.

10. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Horrible news. My sympathies go out to the families.

RIP