Fallacious arguments

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by DeltaDog, Jul 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We've got a thread on overused phrases, but what about the same shit arguments that crop up on every thread? Normally put forward when a tantrum is on the horizon.

Things like misrepresenting the opposing argument - leading to those awesome threads where legitimate debate is put in a paper bag and drowned like an unwanted puppy by those clarifying their initial position over and over again.

Just about all of these crop up on ARRSE on a regular basis: List of fallacies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any more?
  2. I got lost after "Horizon"
  3. I took a course in fallacies.

I now believe that correlation doesn't necessarily imply causation.

Are the two connected? :?
  4. TBH, I'm more interested in fellacious arguments.

It's where it starts with her bitching about the toilet seat, and ends with my getting a blow job.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. I quite miss bugzy, he was brill at fallacious bullshit.
  6. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

He was a fecking bell end. Fella.
  7. This anything to do with Fellatio?
  8. I have nothing to say.

I am on the naughty step because Forastero secretly loves me.
  9. Hopefully, he died in a ditch with AIR FILTER.
  10. There are also Phallacious arguments, the sort made by cocks.
  11. The fallacy that anyone that expresses a Republican view is automatically advocating a President Blair, Brown or Cameron because, in the world of the fallacious argument, these are the only possible alternatives and an Executive President model is the only possible alternative.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Feel free to start a thread explaining the alternatives then!
  13. He must love you very much judging by the amount of time you seem to spend there...
  14. "The silent majority". Usually used by someone who can't quite bring themselves to accept that something they themselves believe so passionately it consumes their very soul matters not a jot to anyone else.
    • Like Like x 2