Falklands

Ditts

Old-Salt
I'm looking at a MOD job located at Mount Pleasant. The job is for 1 or 2 years depending on my own choice, so a bit longer than the standard military tour.
Can anybody tell me what it's like to live in the officers mess there? Is it dull? Is the internet shit?

so your already planning on spending the tour wanking in your pit space,
should you not be booking your jollies, trip to south geogia , and flights to chile

Like all of our little outposts, it is what you make it. I've been several times for periods ranging 1-4 weeks and always been disappointed to leave. My nephew recently returned and complained that he was bored to tears.

anglo

LE
I'm looking at a MOD job located at Mount Pleasant. The job is for 1 or 2 years depending on my own choice, so a bit longer than the standard military tour.
Can anybody tell me what it's like to live in the officers mess there? Is it dull? Is the internet shit?
A friend of mine said it used to be full of Argentinians, but they've all left now

Get a Kindle full of good books. Take up board games / card games.

Be prepared for seriously crap weather, permanent wind and frequent horizontal rain.

Take a large jar of vaseline [some of the sheep can be a bit dry so I'm told]

When you get there, could you have a look at where the big red arrow is pointing.
Let me know if the area is still burning after a Rapier missile nose dived there in 1983/4.

Ta.

East-Falkland-e1424603484975 - Copy.jpg

Dwarf

LE
Oh dear. Got a mate who works in Mt Pleasant and lives down there. Want more info? PM me.
Be prepared to be bored.
And have retreads screw things up.
Plus Crab Air admin.

Have you thought of taking up drugs?

Thanks for the map septic...... brought back old memories and the Blues Brothers, again. again and again (Only VHS tape we had).

Oh dear. Got a mate who works in Mt Pleasant and lives down there. Want more info? PM me.
Be prepared to be bored.
And have retreads screw things up.
Plus Crab Air admin.

Have you thought of taking up drugs?
Generally the contractors smash it up every night, it's a haven for functioning alcoholics. Mil and MOD CS live in separate accommodation and appear to do more with their spare time.

Latest Threads