Falklands War Photos

Discussion in 'Falkland Islands (Op CORPORATE)' started by ADUX, Dec 30, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know of any websites where i can download reasonable quality photos of the Falklands Conflict (particularly regarding the Land componant) for a presemtation?

2. how did the Falkland Island Defence Force perform during the invasion and during occupation ?
    were they released after the surrender or idi they spend the whole war as POWs ?
  3. Falklands wikipedia entry

Britains Small wars

Google 'Falklands' or 'Falklands War' and check out the thousands of images.
  4. thanks for that link flash, i have seen some of them and others i havent seen before .

what i am looking for is not the "official" version, what i am looking for is from the horses mouth from men who have been there.

were the FIDF effective , did they live up to their training and demonstrated courage under fire and played their part to the full ?
  5. I lived in one of the settlements for seven months, Suppsedly the FIDF were all disbanded and went back to their houses in Stanley or camp and were betrayed by an islander (dont know why) and they spent some time under house arrest), a large majority of the normal population didnt like the Argies and took it upon themselves to give them grief.

The canteens and mess halls all supposedly had rat infestations, thanks to local resistance more than poor hygiene.
    Drain plugs were routinely loosened on gearboxes and engines in Stanley.
    Fuel was watered down and stolen from the goose green garrison.

One of my mates out there now still has a few hundred rounds of 7.62 and an argie rifle he uses for shooting geese. which he and his brother liberated from a cache at Goose Green.

Bearing in mind that these are hte same guys who claimed the SAS were walking into Stanley in Civi dress to post sitreps home to the Uk on postcards...THIS IS PROBABLY BENNIE BOLLOCKS!

It is more likely that they spent all of their time drinking room temperature crates of bottled beer and driving into ditches whilst listening to Kenny Rodgers and Patsy Kline