Falklands War Chaplains Question

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by old_rat, Sep 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does any Falklands veteran know of an RC Chaplain, Fr. White who may have been involved in 1982? He died three years in Liverpool, greatly mourned. A surviving sister believes he was one of the force, possibly naval, but not certain, and her information was only very limited and second hand. If he was any info would be welcome.

2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Try the details below:

St James' Parish Church - Rev. David Cooper email: revdavidcooper@aol.com

Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church - Father Alf Hayes

Father Alf served in the Falklands I believe, I dont have his contact details but the revdavidcooper will no doubt

Regards

Dave

3. Many thanks for this, will try them. What I do know is that the MoD Chaplains Department were at the funeral service.

4. Alf Hayes was the RC chaplin at RMAS in 1990, top man and was with 2 PARA down south.

5. I certainly agree with Yeomans view of Alf Hayes, we overlapped with him on several postings over the years and have met up a couple of times since he left the forces. He is now in a parish in Fleetwood (Lancaster Diocese); I am sure a quick search on Google will turn up contact details.