Falklands War - Argy Images

Discussion in 'Falkland Islands (Op CORPORATE)' started by jack-daniels, May 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cow

Cow LE

2. Is there a picture of the Belgrano going down on there? :twisted:

3. [​IMG]

Have I missed something?

edited:
    anybody know of this exercise?

4. OOOh look at their handbags!

"Ce it's a nota fair iz it!" ( to be said in spick accent)

5. I think they refer to Operation Mikado (Google that)

6. The poster comments later on that they are images from a documentary recreation and not original. (which is fairly obvious from most of them)

7. Maybe its Jimbo Shortt and his pals, coming to win the war for us

8. If I spoke a little of the lingo it might be worth registering..................

Odo

9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

It's one hell of a long thread - to be expected as it's pretty much the only thing they've done in 30 odd years.

I think crayoning is probably out of the question.

10. A few pictures of PW doesn't change the fact that the Argies got thoroughly raped despite having the considerable advantage of defending an island within air support range of their home country against an amphibious landing by troops who had travelled 5000 miles to get there.

I'm not too confident we'd be able to do it again though; not heavily committed elsewhere as we are and with the RN in such a shape.

11. They're very fond of the pics. of Naval Party 8901 (I cannot believe I remembered that) surrendering.

Slightly ironic maybe, as IMHO those images were probably a key factor in ensuring that regardless of the outcome of negotiations, Argentina would have to endure some form of global humiliation for their actions.

12. Marines have surrendered in the Falklands and in Iraq. They only need to surrender in Afghanistan now to complete the treble!

13. Actually, on reading further through the thread, several of the local commentators make the same point. They blame the press.

I guess some things are international.