Falklands Trouble Brewing

A group of my Firbugady mates got well pissed up one night at a house party during the 1982 unpleasantness. They ended up phoning Argentine numbers until they found ones who spoke english and gave them a bucket load of fucks.
Didn't you have to book calls the Argentina in 1982?

What's truly worrying is if the FIDF and our chaps no longer have God's rifle, but the Argentines still do...
Have they any left? After their surrender, we took some 11,000 weapons from them. The story was that most were given to the Sierra Leone Government. I have no idea if that's true.
images.jpeg

Indoors? Isn't that's where it's usually played?
As far as I know, church halls are the only places where badminton is played in the Anglosphere. I would imagine that there is at least one in the FI, therefore I agree with you.

What's truly worrying is if the FIDF and our chaps no longer have God's rifle, but the Argentines still do...
They may very well have that rifle,but its useless to them , they are non believers.......

Have they any left? After their surrender, we took some 11,000 weapons from them. The story was that most were given to the Sierra Leone Government. I have no idea if that's true.
View attachment 449441

I do know that some FN rifles were still in the Falklands in 82/83. I used one in an HQBFFI competition in early 83; the range was quite close to Stanley and was - to be honest - pretty basic and involved running running between firing points over classic Falklands bumpy ground.

I screwed up completely. I was allocated an FN, and scored badly. ( I was not used to the FN, or even That Rifle. If they had given me a Lee Enfield, I may have done better)

A couple of months later, HQBFFI held another competition. Ex Quick Kill 1983.

This time, I was given an SMG. No running required, single shots.

I still have the trophy!

I've always found it unsettling, and not a little aging, that I was born closer to WW2 than my kids were to the Falklands.
S'funny you should mention that, just the other day I was considering that I was born marginally closer to the start of WW1 than I was to today. :(

Lifted from MSN_News

Argentinian badminton officials are threatening a Falkland Islands team to play under the name "Islas Malvinas" or pull out of an international competition, it has been claimed.

Falkland Islands Badminton are vowing to "not give in to bullies" amid alleged tensions ahead of the Badminton Pan Am Male & Female Cup 2020, which is due to commence on Thursday. It is claimed Argentina is also putting pressure on host country Brazil to cancel the entire tournament if the Falkland Islands team do not bow to the demands.

The Falkland Islands are due to field a team in the competition's Female Cup, which is due to run from Thursday to Sunday in Salvador, the capital of Brazilian state Bahia.

Is this a statement of war or just the loser wanting some petty revenge because they came last?
Is the Female Cup for doubles?

I always feel old when entering my d.o.b online and have to scroll down... and scroll... and scroll...
I have some sympathy for @Auld-Yin, he has to scroll down to the Roman numerals.

Latest Threads