Falklands Trouble Brewing

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Lifted from MSN_News

Argentinian badminton officials are threatening a Falkland Islands team to play under the name "Islas Malvinas" or pull out of an international competition, it has been claimed.

Falkland Islands Badminton are vowing to "not give in to bullies" amid alleged tensions ahead of the Badminton Pan Am Male & Female Cup 2020, which is due to commence on Thursday. It is claimed Argentina is also putting pressure on host country Brazil to cancel the entire tournament if the Falkland Islands team do not bow to the demands.

The Falkland Islands are due to field a team in the competition's Female Cup, which is due to run from Thursday to Sunday in Salvador, the capital of Brazilian state Bahia.

Is this a statement of war or just the loser wanting some petty revenge because they came last?

Argie government are in a particularly whiny mood at the moment .
They think it distracts the lumpen masses from protesting about ( in no particular order )
The govt welching on an electoral promise to raise pensions
To raise teacher's pay
Fill everyone's fridges with food
Free prescriptions
Not to raise the price of fuel
Get a grip on inflation ( that's a laugh ) ….
Their football side being pants
Their rugby side being pants
The state of the roads
Floods caused by govt re directing money for flood defences into … er .. Swiss bank accounts

We could always send the Macc Lads to Argentina to play "Buenos Aires" in retaliation

Lifted from MSN_News

Argentinian badminton officials are threatening a Falkland Islands team to play under the name "Islas Malvinas" or pull out of an international competition, it has been claimed...............

Is this a statement of war or just the loser wanting some petty revenge because they came last?
They didn't lose, they came second.

The Argies aren't even taking part in the tournament the bunch of whining kunts.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
The Falklands are being used as a diplomatic shuttlecock.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
0/10 for arithmetic........

To be fair, I didn't think it was that long ago either!
I've always found it unsettling, and not a little aging, that I was born closer to WW2 than my kids were to the Falklands.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer