Falklands Referendum result shock

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cloudbuster, Mar 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 3
  1. A total of 3 voted against
  2. They'll be the black sheep of the islands now ;)
    • Like Like x 4

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

First the Argentinian Navy adopts a self-sinking plan, then Chavez snuffs it, and now this. Ah well, Kirchner will just have to stick to ruining the economy.
    • Like Like x 2

4. I don't reckon they were handing out campaign leaflets before the vote but you never know
  5. I'd hate to be the lacky that takes Frau Kirchner her morning cuppa.
    • Like Like x 4

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

But then that was true before the result.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. I'll set 'em up, you keep banging them into the back of the net...
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Retained Argie Servicemen, or people who've decided they'd really rather their politicians in the "crazed, self-important, deluded maniac" model, and lets face it, CMD just doesn't square up!
  9. The 3 against were the three islanders that can't read, they actually put an "x" in the box next to Argentina and really thought the x meant "Go **** yourselves you Argie Bastards, you bombed my sheep pen, and Diego Imagonna is still a **** too"
    • Like Like x 7
  10. only 3 !?!?! I thought there would have been more drunken facetious smartarsers voting than that.
  11. The 3 have been named and shamed...........

A Senor Leopoldi Bob Galterie who left the polling booth thinking the Argies won in '82 anyway

A General Franco De mayo Belgrano who runs a failed Sailing School on the Western Island,

and a Senor Diego Imagonna who said the hand of god made him do it.

The three have already admitted guilt and have been sentenced to a further 30 years of living on the Island.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. I bet the 3 "No" votes were actually penguins - they be plotting a coup I tell ye!
    • Like Like x 6
  13. Low turnout though. Only 90%. Apathy has set in.
  14. Must have been a spoiled ballot paper as well. Do we take that as a protest at the political process or just too pissed to write properly?