Falklands conflict

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by allyjs, Feb 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've got to research the Falklands conflict for a history project. I'm having trouble sourcing information on the exact numbers of British troops, aircraft and ships that were deployed. Likewise I would like to know the numbers of the Argentine forces.

So I am asking if any of you could either point in the right direction as to where I could find this or provide some information.

Thanks,

allyjs

2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

3. Thanks guys.

4. earth to dimwit....................must use his computer for posting messages in forums only....can't believe the question was asked

5. Yeah cheers for that. Do you not know you should start your sentences with a capital letter and that it should be ended with a full stop........ dimwit?

Edited to add light hearted dig.

6. Met one of the original Marines captured by the Argies the other week. Had a great laugh with him. Hardly any one at his place of work knows his history. Got stuck in during the return match as well even after signing a promise to the Junta not to carry on the fight before release.

7. Used that for information, found it very useful.

8. I worked with one for two years before I found out he had been in the first battle of stanley, a very modest and brave man and a pleasure to share a computer with imho.

tROTSKY