Falklands Commando Book.

Discussion in 'Falkland Islands (Op CORPORATE)' started by Harry_Boomers, Nov 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have just finished reading Falklands Commando by Hugh McManners and thoroughly recommend it. If you have an interest in the Falklands conflict it gives a good account of the role of 148 Commando Observation Battery.

I had not heard of him before, but recognized his face from somewhere. He has appeared on a Survival Programme for the BBC but I cant for the life of me remember what it was called. Anybody know?

About the Author
    Hugh McManners was Sunday Times Defence Correspondent for 5 years and is now a television producer and presenter. He was brought up in Tasmania and New South Wales and educated at Magdalen College School, Oxford and Oxford University. He went into the Army in 1972, and joined 148 Commando Observation Battery in 1978. He was mentioned in despatches for his service in the Falklands War.

2. Tv programme was BBC2 Bare Neccesities featuring execs left to survive in the wilds (surrounded by an extensiv crew!)

3. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Good book

4. Harry Boomers wrote:
    He has appeared on a Survival Programme for the BBC but I cant for the life of me remember what it was called. Anybody know?

Private Pike wrote:
    Tv programme was BBC2 Bare Neccesities featuring execs left to survive in the wilds (surrounded by an extensiv crew!)

DICK :x

5. He wrote anothe very good book called 'The Scars of War' well worth reading.

6. His brother,an excellent guy,was in 9 Sqn RE,at the same time in Op Corporate.