Falklands Bulls**t

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by chasndave, Feb 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Falklands Garbage

Have a look at this; I mean, "95% sitting around and 5% terror" - from what exactly?? The fear of your incoming bar bill????

Get a grip you F3 fannies..............................................

And discuss.
  2. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Mmm...I take it you've done QRA then?
    The growbags may spend most of their time on their arrses but us groundcrew dont.The's a hell of a lot more that goes on than what you read on the news.
    Oh,I see the article's dated June 2007.Wow you must be bored to go trawling thru the BBC Archives looking for stories.... :roll:
  3. Haven't you seen the benny women? Fu'cking dreadful, it's twenty years since I was last there but I still wake up each night screaming in a cold sweat.

Still it had to be done, those sheep can run really fast!

The worst of it is, I suspect that one day the door bell will ring and some hideous snaggle toothed bob hat wearer will be standing there saying "hello dad!"

Oh the horror!
  4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Apparently you're not allowed to call them 'Bennies' anymore as the locals got peed off.
    So they've been renamed 'Stills' as in they're "Still Bennies"...
  5. Welcome to 1982.
  6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Well I always called them Bennies..Cant recall hearing them called Stills myself even when I was there in 88. 8O :oops:
  7. Spike
    I am more than aware of the contribution put in by the groundies (of whatever colour / trade / shade!!!), the RIC, JLSU, or anyone else down there, TYVM; feel free to pm me if I can enlighten you further.

I just get a little miffed after coming back from Afghan to find some gobs**te of an F3 backseater (described once in my work place as "the least important person in the least important aircraft in the least important fleet in the Air Force") describing the Falkalnds as "5% terror"......

Yeah, I'm BRICKING it............
  8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Quote from US Navy A6 Intruder Bomber pilot & author Steven Coonts;
    "Fighter pilots make movies,Bomber pilots make history!"
    Cant think of a single F3 pilot lost to enemy action compared to the GR1 crews we lost on Granby.
  9. If I had to fly about regularly in the wind that they get down there then I'd be bricking it. I remember coming into land on the way down and we were virtually sideways - i was sh1ting myself as was just about everyone else on there.