Falklands 25, BBC1

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Run_Charlie!, Jun 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Will anyone join me tonight in raising a glass to the memory of the soldiers, sailors and airmen who did not return from the Falklands campaign?

2. Indeed today they deserve that additional time for contemplation and reflection.

I thought the BBC's coverage mediocre at best. Some of the commentators at times struggled with the ex rupert running down the RN drill as they marched on then gave a big up to the RM? Mind you he was right the RN were atrocious.

Dan Snow really shouldn't try and interview vets that have already stepped off. They only have one thing on their mind, getting finished and down the pub. Seemed a couple of them had no problem in telling him so.

3. Good man! I bet the bars near the Mall will be busy tonight!

4. Just watched the helicopter flypast overhead from my garden on way back to wherever (?Oxford area). Surprised the Chinook was still there.

5. Saw the flyover from the city of London, what were the a/c before the C130's? They looked like Learjets?

Trotsky

6. I enjoyed it. Good coverage by the BBC, although I agree they should not try to interview those that are marching.

Nice to see the feeds from the islands, and well done the young Kelpers, it seems thay are very appreciative of what they were given by those brave men 25 years ago.

7. Funny enough Mrs geezer commented on that she said they won't let the Sea Harrier fly over London as it only has one engine but has no one told them about the Chinooks reliability?? :D

Every time I was on board it was un-nerving watching the load master with his face pressed firmly to the glass bubble window eyes glued to the gearbox..

8. Your not thinking of the new Typhoon fighter are you!!

9. No, I saw the Typhoons a few minutes later. these things were black and looked like executive jets of some kind.

Trotsky

10. I missed the programme and flypast as I was out of the country. Just got home. Is there any streaming video of it ? Tried bbc, sky, utv, itv but no footage of the flypast. Is there a repeat or highlight on later ?

Any help or pointers would be appreciated. Many thanks

11. where they the Domini (sp?) trainer aircraft? There were 5 of them.

12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Doubt you'd see a Sea Harrier considering they are no longer in service with the RN,Being replaced by Ex-RAF Harrier GR7/9's in fleet service.All fully retired late last year I believe.The Dominies are used for Navigator/Air observer training,not fast jet Pilot training.

And I'll join you for a toast tonight,No doubt the are going to be a few sore heeds tomorrow.

13. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

14. Probably someone with a tan being rendered to some Human rights backwater.