Falkland war

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by noriega4444, Mar 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I'm new on forum and I have one simple request.

What do you think, how would the Falkland war look like if it's fought today?

What would be order of battle, which equipment would be used, what are the main differences beetween British and Agrentinian armies today and back in 1982? Please make your option and sorry for my terrible english.
  2. The Argies would lose again.
  3. It would not happen, end of story
  4. Funny that. You being a journalist why haven't you done some research?
  5. No panic pal your English is fine 8)

For an Argy :evil:
  6. For the protagonists I guess it would look like it how was in 1982, cold, wet, uncomfortable, close run and very dangerous.

Current UK Orbat:-

Land - One man and his dog
    Sea - One man and his boat
    Air - One man and his dog (Sopwith Pup).

Now sod off.
  7. Don't you mean "an Agry"?
  8. How would it look today?

1) I wouldn't be there.

2) Technicolour as opposed to Panavision.
  9. I'm on nights and have just been reading some SECRET papers that were left on a desk.

We didn't know you were coming last time but this time we've sent some agents down south (The Snail)

If you try it on, apparently we're going to go to a place called Tierra del Fuego but this time we're going large.
  10. Fixed that for you, Jacques :D
  11. Be pleased to inform Her Majesty that the White Ensign flies alongside the Union Jack in South Georgia. God save the Queen. . . . . . . . And thats the way it willl stay!
  12. I think you'll find it's K13, not K9.
  13. Noriegito,

Es que hemos tratado de este tema muchas veces ya... si lo buscas, encontraras mucha información, opiniones y teorías.

Si es periodista, mejor que te vayas. Si tienes algunas preguntas de verdad, puedes mandarme un mensaje privado (PM).

El Adjt