Falkland war

Hello,

I'm new on forum and I have one simple request.

What do you think, how would the Falkland war look like if it's fought today?

What would be order of battle, which equipment would be used, what are the main differences beetween British and Agrentinian armies today and back in 1982? Please make your option and sorry for my terrible english.

It would not happen, end of story

Funny that. You being a journalist why haven't you done some research?

263A

War Hero
noriega4444 said:
Hello,

What would be order of battle, which equipment would be used, what are the main differences beetween British and Agrentinian armies today and back in 1982? Please make your option and sorry for my terrible english.
No panic pal your English is fine 8)

For an Argy :evil:

For the protagonists I guess it would look like it how was in 1982, cold, wet, uncomfortable, close run and very dangerous.

Current UK Orbat:-

Land - One man and his dog
Sea - One man and his boat
Air - One man and his dog (Sopwith Pup).

Now sod off.

263A said:
noriega4444 said:
Hello,

No panic pal your English is fine 8)

For an Argy :evil:
Don't you mean "an Agry"?

I'm on nights and have just been reading some SECRET papers that were left on a desk.

We didn't know you were coming last time but this time we've sent some agents down south (The Snail)

If you try it on, apparently we're going to go to a place called Tierra del Fuego but this time we're going large.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Jacques_Bustard said:
For the protagonists I guess it would look like it how was in 1982, cold, wet, uncomfortable, close run and very dangerous.

Current UK Orbat:-

Land - Sluggy and her dog
Sea - One man and his boat
Air - One man and his dog (Sopwith Pup).

Now sod off.
Fixed that for you, Jacques :D

Be pleased to inform Her Majesty that the White Ensign flies alongside the Union Jack in South Georgia. God save the Queen. . . . . . . . And thats the way it willl stay!

Noriegito,

Es que hemos tratado de este tema muchas veces ya... si lo buscas, encontraras mucha información, opiniones y teorías.

Si es periodista, mejor que te vayas. Si tienes algunas preguntas de verdad, puedes mandarme un mensaje privado (PM).

El Adjt

Oh god... I'm no spy I was thinking only the tehnical side of the war. What's the major differences in military equipment beetween UK and the Argentina today ect. Back than you had that, and today you have this; argentinias had that and today have....

I know that war today is not possible and I did not mean to insult anyone. Sorry if I did :( .

If you wish I will abandon this forum, seems that subject is to sensitive.

Jacques_Bustard said:
Try looking here for some of the answers

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/index.html

You will note that the UK does not appear on this list but is lumped in with "Europe". Does this mean that the French will give the UK some Exocets to play with?
I think you would find that the sub Harpoon would be the RNs weapon of choice

the good old u s of a would not like, or back us, to much dollar proping up argentina :?

oldbaldy

LE
noriega4444 said:
If you wish I will abandon this forum, seems that subject is to sensitive.
It's not sensitive, we hate nearly all journos :D

Latest Threads