Falkland Postings

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Mother, Mar 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What postings are there in the Falklands for non-"dark siders"?
    If any of you have had one, what was it like?

2. Why on earth would you want to go to a posting on the Falkland Islands!?

3. Perhaps they hate their day job!

4. Just curious guys as a big nature/photography buff. It is a good place to take trips to the Antarctic, Patagonia and other once in a lifetime type places. Hey and get paid for it too.

5. Check your pm's.

6. Hmmm, have you tried faceparty?

Perhaps you have, which is why you want a Falklands tour..........

7. If you're into nature, and you like sheep, high winds, snow, seals, penguins and no trees(!), you'll love it.

8. ...and yes! The penguines do fall over!

9. There's a big party some time soon aparently, maybe mother wants to go.

10. I was at the last big party - still have the trench foot to prove it..........

11. There are 2 jobs in the Falklands for non-darksiders, the first is a Sgts post at J2 HQ BFSAI, the second is a WO2's post at the CI section in the RAF police det.

Despite these two jobs I feel having had one of them I should say

DON'T DO IT!!! IT'S FULL OF RAF WEANERS WHO WILL DRIVE YOU INSANE!!

12. There are 2 jobs in the Falklands for non-darksiders, the first is a Sgts post at J2 HQ BFSAI, the second is a WO2's post at the CI section in the RAF police det.

Despite these two jobs I feel having had one of them I should say

DON'T DO IT!!! IT'S FULL OF RAF WEANERS WHO WILL DRIVE YOU INSANE!!

13. Also theres a 30-1 difference in lads to birds (non-wingy kind)
    ...unless thats your.....

14. Not sure anyone goes to FI the trap off but hey.. there's always the odd penguin.

15. Not too easy to take "trips" to antarctica from FI it would generally involve chartering a boat and spewing your ring for two days. if you want to go SOUTH rather than South, Ushuaia or Punta arenas are the real gateways. again its expensive, and might involve too much misery as bulkheads, decks and deckheads all swap locations. You MIGHT be able to book a short trip starting from either of those locs if you get ten days off Last time I went there (five years ago) the tourists were shelling out about eight grand for a ten day trip. I, however, was getting paid for it!