Falkland medics medals sell for £39,200

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by kevthemed, Jul 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The medal group including MM belonging to L/Cpl M Bailey where sold to a private collector in london yestaday.
    The MM was won at Goose Green, where L/CPL Bailey performed a amputation under fire. A heroic man in every sense of the word. Sad that they where sold into private hands and not to the regimental museum.
  2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I assume LCpl Bailey was a PARA, as the RAMC MM was won by a SGT OTT on RFA Galahad.
  3. Cow

Cow LE

It's a shame that people have to sell such items, I hope that the reasons for selling weren't the lack of support available from the government.
  4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

While there is a market to pay huge sums of money then people will always be tempted to sell their hard earnt medals.
  5. 'Pierre' Naya MM was the OTT
  6. Got a link please?
  7. www.metro.co.uk
  8. I may be wrong but I think it was a L/cpl Bill Bentley MM 2 Para who did the leg amputation at goose green!
  9. Yup the medals where named to L/CPL Martin "BILL" Bailey. Group of four medals MM, UN CYPRUS, NI, SOUTH ATLANTIC Medals, sold at spinks , London.