Falkland Islands - Information Sought!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by k13eod, Feb 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Chaps,

Another FI thread! As some of you are aware I am currently down south and involved in the clearance of minefields. We are half way through cleaing Surf Bay and mostly done up at Sapper Hill. Our next task is at Goose Green. I'm interested in any information that might assist us with our threat assessment and consequently our clearance methodology.

So, I'm asking if there are any ARRSERS about who were in Goose Green during or in the days after the battle. If so, do you have any knowledge of the mines around the settlement, particularly any clearance that you might have taken part in or witnessed?

Also interested to hear from anyone who served in Goose Green in the months after the conflict, particularly anyone involved in the QOH mine strike incident.

Would also be interested in any info regarding EOD clearance tasks in the early days.

PM me if you don't want to post here, but please ... any bit of information may be of use no matter how unimportant you might think it.

Cheers

2. Maybe you should be putting them back,or replacing them ?

3. K13, I was SSM EOD in Stanley in '84. I have all of my minefield maps but they are in UK. Merve M***on was Q mines at the time so if you can contact him he should have the same maps as me but perhaps more in depth info.

MZ

4. Cheers Matt ... I'll pass that on to Mr L and see if he can look into it from the UK side.