FAL pistol anyone?

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by maguire, Jan 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

Attached Files:

2. Looks like a plastic action man rifle.

3. designed to annoy the american law makers and scare other people on ranges

4. Gizzit.

5. The fastex buckle does look suspiciously large when compared to the weapon, although not as large as the blast, flash, recoil and gas stoppage problems it would have.

6. Just a guess, but after you've fired off the mag of 7.62 you'll be wishing you're upper body had been a bit stronger before you pulled the trigger.

7. The Int section down in the Falklands had a "Show ,telland play" room down in BIFFI.

There were a few cut down Argie FALs , just a hacksaw job with no recoil at ALL or a big fukc off flame shooting out 10foot when it was fired.

8. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Reminds me of the M16 pistol that was designed for B52 bomber crews to use as a bailout weapon in Vietnam. As far as I know it never went into full production, but a few prototypes are floating around somewhere and one of my work colleagues used to own one.

Can't find a phot at the moment but I will try and dig one out.

9. Do you mean the Bushmaster

Attached Files:

10. Or do you mean this bad boy?

[​IMG]

11. The Int section down in the Falklands had a "Show ,telland play" room down in BIFFI.

There were a few cut down Argie FALs , just a hacksaw job with no recoil at ALL or a big fukc off flame shooting out 10foot when it was fired.

12. Come to think of it, the Oz SASR had quite a line in cut down auto SLR/M16 in SVN. Apparently the SLR looked and sounded like a .50 HMG. I've no idea what the handling characteristics were like, I think it was mainly to generate as much disturbance as possible to allow the patrol to escape.

13. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Looks familiar, that must be it.

14. they yanks make all sorts of rifles cut down into Er "pistols"
    as long as you can't fit a stock its legal if you fit a stock its a short barreled rifle and if you hav'nt paid a $200 tax stamp its illegal and you go to jail for a very long time :?

ak pistol with a 75rd drum mag anyone :twisted: