Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by gemma111, May 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. can anyone help me, i have been chatting to someone who says they are a navy seal.... i really dont believe them but dont know enough about it to trip them up. if there is anyone out there with any thoughts please reply. thank you
  2. Did they have flippers and oily skin :?

If not i would call their bluff :wink:
  3. Ask him to balance a ball on his nose, If he cant do it he is obviously Lying
  4. er, assuming this isn't a wah, are they American for a start..?
  5. Those wishing to volunteer for SEAL training have to:

be an active-duty male member of the United States Navy
    be 28 or younger (although waivers for 29- and 30-year-olds are possible)
    possess uncorrected vision no worse than 20/200 in both eyes correctable to 20/20 through contacts or glasses (corrective surgery PRK is also possible)
    be a U.S. citizen
    pass the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test

25 weeks Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUD/S) training at the Naval Special Warfare Center in Coronado, California near San Diego.
    1 week of static line jump training, followed by 3 weeks of Military Free Fall (MFF) Qualification training at Tactical Air Operations in Otay, CA.
    At Coronado, 19-week SEAL Qualification Training (SQT).
    After this, the trainee is officially named a SEAL
  6. No underwater knife fighting?
  7. Are you mates with Ollie2376 by any chance? It's just that the Feckwit Express seems to have unloaded all its passengers at the same time here. :roll:
  8. Sounds bloody awful. Good luck to 'em. Mind you, if Demi can do it...

9. 1) Why do you want to trip them up?

2) Dont bother chatting to them

3) Throw them a fish, if they catch it and eat it, they are a seal
    If they catch it, then shoot it a dozen times, they are
    probably a navy seal.
  10. Ask him which seal team he is in. Tell him you have heard something about SEAL team 6. If he says he's in that then he's lying.
  11. I would hazard a guess that this was just one of those famous chat up lines that birds continue to fall for.

I used to be an underwater bricklayer for THEM, dontchaknow. Fancy a shag?
  12. Ask him the run time for the 4 miles.its 32 mins, this must be done everyday, also ask him what rocking chairs are, this is getting in the surf , legs over head until toes touch behind you're head and then back down to sitting position, also you have to be an enlisted marine or have been in the navy they don't take recruits straight into seal training. Also ask him how long his training took its 59 weeks minimum to pass out. And ask what the courtyard the initial fitness assesment takes place in is called. Its called the Grinder.
  13. Dont you know I paint the bottom of swimming pools for a living.

With the water still in.
    Nails I am :wink:
  14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Ask him what colour the Boathouse is.