Fake SAS/SBS

I'll wager you couldn't.
The NHS said:

More than 12 units
If you drink more than 12 units of alcohol, you're at considerable risk of developing alcohol poisoning, particularly if you're drinking many units over a short period of time.

It usually takes the liver about an hour to remove one unit of alcohol from the body.
What a load of bolleaux.

Up until a couple of years back, I'd think nothing of drinking a bottle of red wine, followed later by 7 or 8 pints of IPA - somewhere around units.
Never used to have a hangover either.

They're a rough lot, the SPS. One time I went to the Falklands, Sluggy was there. I called in and asked if she could fix me up with some stationery. Her first words to me were "Do you want a punch?"

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Ask him if he has book coming out? Or how much advance did he get from his publisher?
Quick question, did you ever serve in the British armed forces and/or their reserve element ?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Quick question, did you ever serve in the British armed forces and/or their reserve element ?
Close, Adult Instructor for the ACF and the person most feared by Croydon door staff!

No one has mentioned STC yet. And if they did, I wouldn't be allowed to explain.
@Wightsparker: Alas (over at RR) a once long-running thread on that noble & hallowed role was spoiled by a spiteful RR-hating 'Moderator' who purposely blew it wide open.

(IMHO that person (blogger/former RNR O/ ex-CS/ once FTRS/ etc etc) lost all credibility by that uncalled for revelation and he should have been sentenced to a lifetime of re-painting the boathouse in his favourite colour - Purple...)

@Wightsparker: Alas (over at RR) a once long-running thread on that noble & hallowed role was spoiled by a spiteful RR-hating 'Moderator' who purposely blew it wide open.

(IMHO that person (blogger/former RNR O/ ex-CS/ once FTRS/ etc etc) lost all credibility by that uncalled for revelation and he should have been sentenced to a lifetime of re-painting the boathouse in his favourite colour - Purple...)
Ex CS? Not Careers Service, surely?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
What a load of bolleaux.

Up until a couple of years back, I'd think nothing of drinking a bottle of red wine, followed later by 7 or 8 pints of IPA - somewhere around units.
Never used to have a hangover either - although I did require a liver transplant.
Edited for accuracy.

Wordsmith :smile: