Fake RMP items on ebay - again!!

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Squiggles, Aug 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok this time it's not walty-mo, but some iliterate (is that how to spell it?) cnut trying to make a few quid selling a homemade warrant card holder!

I've seen a few real ones on there, and contacted ebay and had them removed under "police related items" rules. But as this is not a real one they wont get rid of it.

The security/terrorism risks are massive (I once wandered through the gate flashing my warrant card only to later find it had been covered up by my railcard!)

The listing is: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320285275171&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT&ih=011

The page to log your complaint is: http://contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUs&wftype=2003&rcode=BN%25P10150&subject=Police-Related%20Items&bcrumb=+Home+%3E+Help+%3E%A0Rules+and+Policies%A0%3E%A0Rules+for+Sellers%A0%3E%A0Prohibited+and+Restricted+Items+and+Services%A0%3E%A0Police-Related+Items&instruction=&expirationDate=

and if all that fails...... let the bidding war commence!!!

2. Fcuker cancelled my bid!!

3. Ebay are a pain in the arrse. They have a banned items list which includes law enforcement/police IDs, uniforms etc, etc but for some reason think it's ok to sell current issue RMP items. As said above, the security issue raised by this could be massive. Not forgetting that civvies will stop for a high vis uniform waving them down doing supposed traffic control, which then brings up the safety issue of women on their own.

4. What you on about, I've always wanted one of those warrant card holders since some 'SIB' Sgt on the Bill wore one down to Sun Hill!!!!!

Do they do them in any other colours?

5. Mission accomplished

Thanks chaps!

6. So some geezer is selling some fake monkey stuff? So what, it's not as if you're real policemen is it?

7. Not like you are a real postman working for DHL is it but no-one takes the pizz out of you do they fat boy!!!

8. Fat boy? Postman? DHL? Living in a tent? Big Issue Sir?

9. Careful Bickies, he will be after getting you a speeding fine for your wheelchair next :wink:

10. Excuse me tubbs, it is a deluxe tent complete with internet, the Bosch really how how to camp. But there again so do you don't you!!!

11. Easy there Kippers, easy.

12. Shouldnt you be out delivering parcels?

13. Why? Were you expecting some 'smoked fish'?

14. Whatever DHL boy!!!!

15. Demonstrating a lack of intellectual rigour with this line of argument. If it was me I would have moved on to the fact that he is clinically obese and has a small d1ck by now.

By the way who gives a toss if someone is selling little red hats and Warrant Card holders on E Bay? There are a number of shops where you can buy these things without any bother.