Fake Front Tooth Loose - Will it affect Basic?

Hi
I have a fake front tooth which comes loose every 2 and a half months and need re-glueing due to a fight a few years ago, my dentist has told me it will get worse to the point where it will not stay in but i have at least 2 years till that.

can i be medically discharged for this and does the free dentist care cover tooth implants?

Cheers

I dont think it will fall out while im in basic, im getting it reglued tomorrow, is the free dentist care only basic in the army or can you get implants ect

jarrod248 said:
musiclifesoul said:
Hi
I have a fake front tooth which comes loose every 2 and a half months and need re-glueing due to a fight a few years ago, my dentist has told me it will get worse to the point where it will not stay in but i have at least 2 years till that.

can i be medically discharged for this and does the free dentist care cover tooth implants?

Cheers
Is it something that you are doing every 2 and a half months that makes it come loose?
Jarrod care to elaborate? :wink:

No ive had the fake tooth since i was 12 then had it knocked out when i was 17 which cracked the bone the metal splint that connects the tooth to my gum, so with usual wear and tear it just loosens itself.

wait until you get in & then get it done properly free of charge, i lost both my front teeth in an rta & the army paid for me to get them fixed properly (would have cost a few grand in civvy strassse).

well its free to get it glued and thats only a temporary fix, i have been saving up to get it done properly its £4000 on civvy street! i was just worried the army would say they dont cover it.
Cheers!

musiclifesoul said:
ha no im not a boxer i just live in essex!
but you do enjoy being beaten around the ring. :?: 8O :?: 8O

catchyerselfon said:
musiclifesoul said:
im a giver not a receiver!

You give blokes blow jobs with your gammy teeth out then?

Sorry
Hat
Coat
Taxi
Wasn't that what Jarrod was getting at?

i smashed both my front teeth on battlecamp. needed a root filling on one, and almost complete reconstruction on both. they were fixed by the army dentist at catterick and he done a really good job on them.

so basiclly, let it come loose in basic, and they will fix it properly for you...

odyssey88 said:
i smashed both my front teeth on battlecamp. needed a root filling on one, and almost complete reconstruction on both. they were fixed by the army dentist at catterick and he done a really good job on them.

so basiclly, let it come loose in basic, and they will fix it properly for you...
That's probably the best idea yet. The Army will see to it if it falls out in basic.

I had my two front teeth knocked out with some unpleasantness called combat football; got an Army plate and never missed 'em since. :p

Where are you training mate? at the ITC in Catterick you have a dental evaluation when you start mate & i should imagine its common practice at all depots, if its likely to cause you any problems they'll sort it out for you at some stage during your training, i had a similar problem and they where great with me

catchyerselfon said:
musiclifesoul said:
im a giver not a receiver!

You give blokes blow jobs with gammy your teeth out then?

Sorry
Hat
Coat
Taxi
Fair one guys it was a bit harsh, i have removed the word gammy.
Please accept my apologies, good luck with your Hampstead Heath (oh er we know what goes on there)

You give blokes blow jobs with your teeth out then?