Fake Docs Docs to be Verified ..

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
I think there are some very suspect medical qualifications out there. I have met some Dr's who tell me they studied at english speaking university's yet have problems stringing an understandable sentence together.
I used to deal with an individual in India who handles specific legal tasks, he has cocked up a few times, which made me suspicious of him. I asked one of his colleagues as to his educational background, I got the reply "His father bought him a good degree, and he practices it on you" Not any more though!

Less of a problem here in Hungary vis-a-vis Doctors and Dentists because [a], their wages are crap and the language is so difficult. Having said that, there are some middle east doctors here with good reputations. Being a pensioner my dentistry is free [root canal, fillings, extractions] and complex work is around a fifth of the UK price. Health tourism [dentistry] is a major industry here and the quality is excellent.

When I was getting NHS mental health treatment I often found CPN's and psychiatrists that didn't know very basic things about mental health conditions, and meds, plenty of them were just bluffing it out.

I wouldn't trust most of them on floor mopping duties.

I cant believe that foreign doctors are not verified by numerous exams etc.

Fake Docs
While they are, they also appear to represent strongly on the GMC disciplinary lists

Naughty doctor list

Obviously training more UK doctors would be too expensive and lots of imported docs do the shitty mods U.K. docs don’t find popular (in less PC times AKA wog grade doctors jobs)

Do doctors want more doctors or are they happy with the status quo of a supply and demand market place where U.K. docs take the decent jobs and money and get cheap (not really especially on agency) foreigners to fill the less glamorous less well rewarded positions

While they are, they also appear to represent strongly on the GMC disciplinary lists

Naughty doctor list

Obviously training more UK doctors would be too expensive and lots of imported docs do the shitty mods U.K. docs don’t find popular (in less PC times AKA wog grade doctors jobs)

Do doctors want more doctors or are they happy with the status quo of a supply and demand market place where U.K. docs take the decent jobs and money and get cheap (not really especially on agency) foreigners to fill the less glamorous less well rewarded positions
90% non English names and quite a few Erasures , quite worrying.

You are not allowed to practice any form of medicine, dentistry, nursing, physio in the US unless you have a degree from an accredited [American] university.*

With the right qualification you are still required to take a State exam for the particular area of work, ie. a Doc must pass the State Licensing exam in order to be allowed to practice. This is a requirement for each and every State they want to practice their particular juju in - there are some States that have reciprocal agreements with other States so no secondary licensing exam required for that State.

So 'Dr.' Nkomo, or 'Dr.' Gupta coming over would present himself to the State licensing commission and they would check his degree before he could take the State licensing exam.

Then, without the State license number he/she would be unable to apply for the DEA licensing number that is required to issue prescriptions and would also not be able to buy liability/malpractice insurance and would not be accepted by a hospital or large medical practice.

Edit: Just to qualify that. When I was living near Orlando, Florida, I met another British expat who is a cardiac surgeon working in one of the big hospitals around Orlando. He was already working as a surgeon in the UK but, he had to take an American medical degree (much shortened, down to 2 years I think as he was already qualified in the UK) before he could start work in the US.
If anyone on here thinks that Foreign doctors just breeze into UK hospitals, then they need to watch this Channel4 documentary

The Foreign Doctors Are Coming - All 4

Article about the show
The Foreign Doctors Are Coming, Channel 4

Yeah I can't understand Brummy either.

A bit like the "black country" speech, reminds of an old dit where a local was moaning/boasting of catching a "whale" in the local canal where he had been fishing. An outsider who heard him exclaimed "a whale, my god that's fantastic, what did you do with it?" "oi just put it on the bank and troid to find/catch the rest of the boike"!

Last edited:
Speaking of whales, this unnecessary document scrutiny is now jeopardising my cosy dolphin training sinecure. Bah!

I think there are some very suspect medical qualifications out there. I have met some Dr's who tell me they studied at english speaking university's yet have problems stringing an understandable sentence together.
Mine's the same. I can hardly understand a word he says. I gather he's from Aberdeen.

It says something about psychiatry that she practised for almost a quarter of a century without being found out.

And would have got away with it if it wasn't for her ineptitude in the field of fraud:

'When registering in the UK in 1995, Alemi claimed to have a medical degree from the University of Auckland - which she did not have.

But her false medical qualification was only discovered after she was convicted of fraud and theft in October 2018 after taking advantage of a vulnerable patient.'

Also says something about the GMC.

To be fair mind, as has been said, once you've got into the system no one really checks again. The GMC still doesn't look any too clever though.

Prescriptions.
Anybody else notice that Doctors all seem to have illegible handwriting?
In all my years I have yet to see one.