Fake Docs Docs to be Verified ..

Its a lot more common than the NHS dare admit and its been going on for years... see these examples How easy is it to fake it as a doctor?
snip "I think there are loads of people who aren't real doctors," Sefton told the BBC.
There was once a bogus doctor working at his own hospital, he said, who was "actually pretty competent".
"Often these doctors are very professional and get along very well with their colleagues. The only flaw is that they aren't real doctors," he added.
Since 2006, 12 people have been charged under the Medical Act 1983 with pretending to be registered as a doctor, Crown Prosecution Service figures show"

and this NHS consultants and nurses accused of buying fake degrees online
snip "NHS consultants are among thousands who have been accused of buying fake degrees online, an investigation has found.
British nurses, a psychologist, an anaesthetist and an ophthalmologist have allegedly purchased bogus qualifications from Axact, a multi-million pound “diploma mill” based Pakistan.
More than 3,000 fake credentials were sold to UK-based buyers in 2013 and 2014 including master’s degrees, doctorates and PhDs, according to documents seen by BBC Radio 4’s File on Four programme. Axact has strongly denied the claims.
These included a consultant at a London teaching hospital, who allegedly bought a degree in internal medicine from the fake “Belford University”.

Reminds me of a dit I heard about a pilot, working in deepest darkest Africa building his hours. For some reason he needed his medical updating, so he bimbled off into "town" to see the quack.

There were some communication difficulties, but it appeared that he wouldn't need an exam, but he would need to hand over a sizeable wedge of the local currency. The deal was done, and the paperwork duly provided.

It was only when he got back to camp that he discovered that he wasn't certified as fit to fly, but he was now a fully qualified medical doctor...

You are not allowed to practice any form of medicine, dentistry, nursing, physio in the US unless you have a degree from an accredited [American] university.*

With the right qualification you are still required to take a State exam for the particular area of work, ie. a Doc must pass the State Licensing exam in order to be allowed to practice. This is a requirement for each and every State they want to practice their particular juju in - there are some States that have reciprocal agreements with other States so no secondary licensing exam required for that State.

So 'Dr.' Nkomo, or 'Dr.' Gupta coming over would present himself to the State licensing commission and they would check his degree before he could take the State licensing exam.

Then, without the State license number he/she would be unable to apply for the DEA licensing number that is required to issue prescriptions and would also not be able to buy liability/malpractice insurance and would not be accepted by a hospital or large medical practice.

Edit: Just to qualify that. When I was living near Orlando, Florida, I met another British expat who is a cardiac surgeon working in one of the big hospitals around Orlando. He was already working as a surgeon in the UK but, he had to take an American medical degree (much shortened, down to 2 years I think as he was already qualified in the UK) before he could start work in the US.
Bloody Americans looking after their own.

Reminds me of a dit I heard about a pilot, working in deepest darkest Africa building his hours. For some reason he needed his medical updating, so he bimbled off into "town" to see the quack.

There were some communication difficulties, but it appeared that he wouldn't need an exam, but he would need to hand over a sizeable wedge of the local currency. The deal was done, and the paperwork duly provided.

It was only when he got back to camp that he discovered that he wasn't certified as fit to fly, but he was now a fully qualified medical doctor...

Wot no training course?

There was a big to do in Italy a few years ago: Unsrcupulous dentists were setting up schools to teach people how to be a dentist in a fortnight, paperwork to back up the bogus training, the lot.

Imagine if these people are working in Italy with fake credentials then they can move around euro-land, get accreditation and work elsewhere. Getting into the system is the hardest part but, once in then you can move on and around.

It is also apparently a big problem in Spain.

Bloody Americans looking after their own.
Oh yes! They would not even accept my plumbing qualifications here and having seen what they do and how they do it here I can state British plumbers are better qualified.

We used to have a bloke locally whose business was called Dragon Plumbing and the sides of his van were a depiction of the Welsh flag. He was a taffy plumber who came over and re-trained.

Wot no training course?

There was a big to do in Italy a few years ago: Unsrcupulous dentists were setting up schools to teach people how to be a dentist in a fortnight, paperwork to back up the bogus training, the lot.

Imagine if these people are working in Italy with fake credentials then they can move around euro-land, get accreditation and work elsewhere. Getting into the system is the hardest part but, once in then you can move on and around.

It is also apparently a big problem in Spain.
Your last sentence doesn't ring true. All dentists in Spain are registered with the Spanish Dental Association. The Consejo General in Madrid (a Judicial Body) holds a register of all qualified dentists and you can't get on that register until you've completed a 5 year university course to obtain a Licenciado en Odontologia.

Reciprocal qualifications from another EU country must meet the above criteria. From outside EU the already qualified applicant must complete a minimum 2 year assessment course at a Dental College.

As I undergo my ‘journey’ (hate the term) of cancer diagnosis, surgery and treatment, I’ve encountered a couple of nursing staff and a locus which made me wonder how qualified they were. Nowadays, anyone can claim to be an expert based on reading up on the internet, least of all patients, but several staff - out of, I suppose, a hundred - didn’t seem to have a clue about my condition and only had a passing knowledge of English. And this was in a major London teaching hospital. Now I’m not having a go at the NHS nor of foreign staff; indeed most staff were migrants (and I have to remind myself I am as well) but I’ve often wondered what checks are in place?

Your last sentence doesn't ring true. All dentists in Spain are registered with the Spanish Dental Association. The Consejo General in Madrid (a Judicial Body) holds a register of all qualified dentists and you can't get on that register until you've completed a 5 year university course to obtain a Licenciado en Odontologia.

Reciprocal qualifications from another EU country must meet the above criteria. From outside EU the already qualified applicant must complete a minimum 2 year assessment course at a Dental College.
Dodgy Dent`s Espanol

I have a long expired St John's Ambulance first aid certificate... would the NHS employ me in a highly paid medical consultancy role? I must drop them a copy of my long expired C.V. They probably won't look at it too closely or check on claimed quals.

In the meantime, I am available to private patients (who pay in advance and in cash). No 'problem' too small or too cheap.

And dozens of similar reports in UK as well. Bound to be those who try it on but at least they get investigated.

Pointing out that a register of qualified dentists does exist but I suppose not many of us would actually check that when going to a dentist, or a GP for that matter. Perhaps we should?
I thought your comment was about Spanish dentists ? Another 400 cases here

Really checking the qualifications of foreigners?
I don't know how half of Heathrow's ground staff have managed to get airside passes TBH. :-|

Beware Madrid’s bogus dentists

There was a bogus dentist around my way. He actually did a good job, and would never have been caught if he had no faked his own death and tried to claim the insurance money.... He also pretended that he was murdered for converting to Christianity from Islam.

Shame really - he did a good filling.

I cant believe that foreign doctors are not verified by numerous exams etc.

Fake Docs
There's a clue:

all doctors who registered under the scheme which allowed some graduates in medicine from Commonwealth countries to work in the UK without taking an exam.
Probably the 'same culture' Muppets at work.