fake certificates northern ireland/iraq/afghanistan/WTF?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by oddjob, Nov 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Came across this site,surely this cant be legal? find it offensive that people are buying these items,and to add insult the person selling them is ex military...although he is american.
    http://citationexpress.com/Cert_GSM%20British%20Ireland.htm...

maybe he needs all members to contact him to take down the british based certificates.even though the certificates do not represent a real one/well i never got one with my gsm/i still find it offensive that people
    may be buying these and posing as holders of the various medals that have been issued to members of hm forces for there efforts in various campaigns.

2. Page not found
    The page you are looking for might have been removed,
    had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

heres hoping it stays that way

EDITED FOR MONGNESS

you link has ..... on it so doesn't work properly!!!

http://citationexpress.com/Cert_GSM%20British%20Ireland.htm

Look a bit shit to be honest

3. It's still there - remove the ... from the end of the URL.

Walt heaven:

British Cold War Certificate of Service

British Distinguished Flying Cross Citation

British Military Cross

British Imperial Military Medal

British General Service Medal Vietnam

British General Service Medal Ireland

British Vietnam Medal

British Airborne Jump School

Royal Marines Commando Training

Royal Marines Certificate of Service

4. So WRONG

5. To graduate with "honors" with "Airborne Jump Wings", eh? I wonder if the "British High Command" and Maj Gen Golden here are making any cash from this:

Attached Files:

6. It's a bit ironic that you don't like those fake certificates, when at the bottom of the page, e-bay are advertising replica medals. Surely the principles are the same.

Edited to add. Well they were advertising them on my screen a few minutes ago :oops:

SEE MORE LIKE THIS £6.00 COPY MEDAL - MILITARY MEDAL GEORGE VI FULL SIZE WW II
    £6.00 COPY MEDAL MILITARY CROSS - GV OR GVI OR ERII F - SIZE
    £6.00 COPY MEDAL - MILITARY MEDAL ELIZABETH II FULL SIZE
    £36.00 Belgian Medal: Superb Scarce King Albert Military Cross
    £4.99 communist/ military / medal

7. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

The Queen & The British EMPIRE award it.
    I don't qualify as I only served when we had a Commonwealth!!

8. So this would only have been available to those that served on the emerald isle before the 1922 act of partition then?

So many factual irregularities to make the site a laughing stock to anyone that knows what they are talking about, and most of those that collect military medals are well honed up in what they are looking for and can spot fakes a long way off.

9. Well, quite. However, any walt looking to pad out his CV to look like Jimbo's and frame up a few certificates for, say, a hypothetical international bodyguard company would consider them a worthwhile investment.

Poking around the site further brings up this (my bold):

So Sgt Bob is flying under the US Stolen Valour Act radar, churning out fake certificates which he freely admits he pulls out of his arse, which has already brought him a brush with law enforcement

It's also interesting that he only employs disabled Vietnam vets. You have to wonder if they gained their disabled vet status through purchasing one of Sgt Bob's certificates...

I'm just about to dash off an email to Sgt Bob and see how he deals with it before asking more knowledgable US sources to take a look at his operation.

10. That's Google's so called 'intelligent advertising'.
    It reads the text on the forum page and puts adverts on that are similar to the topic being discussed. Quite clever but it doesn't always work. :D
    If we ran a thread about two girls one cup we'd get adverts ranging from cups and saucers to toilet accessories.

Or shit butties even... can you get those on ebay? :twisted:

11. ...what a load of bolleaux - unusual ribbon for a GSM 1962 as well

Attached Files: