Fake Bomb detector

On BBC news website, apparently some barsteward in the UK has been selling glorified dowsing rods as bomb detectors!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/8471187.stm

Takes some guts to sting the Iraqis for millions for them, but I hope they do catch up with him for dicking around with folks lives.

Already been done

"By Caroline Hawley and Meirion Jones"
BBC Newsnight

Caroline/Meirion, whoever you are on ARRSE it took you long enough to dig that story up from over on the Sappers Forum!!! how about a donation to Holidays 4 Heroes for quite obviously trolling ARRSE while trying to fill gaps in the BBC News?

Gundulph said:
"By Caroline Hawley and Meirion Jones"
BBC Newsnight

Caroline/Meirion, whoever you are on ARRSE it took you long enough to dig that story up from over on the Sappers Forum!!! how about a donation to Holidays 4 Heroes for quite obviously trolling ARRSE while trying to fill gaps in the BBC News?
Sorry, I did try and use the search function, I was obviously using the wrong keywords.

Besides, what sane person looks in the Sapper's forum...?

Don't be too tough on Caroline Gundolph. If the rest of us had to rely on the way news is stored / reviewed and broadcast at the BBC, we'd just about be reporting that Bos was coming to an end!

MikeMcc - I claim wah on the obviously stupid question you pose. Feel free to send the fiver to Help fo Heroes, etc!

Yours aye

ABrighter2006 said:
Don't be too tough on Caroline Gundolph. If the rest of us had to rely on the way news is stored / reviewed and broadcast at the BBC, we'd just about be reporting that Bos was coming to an end!

MikeMcc - I claim wah on the obviously stupid question you pose. Feel free to send the fiver to Help fo Heroes, etc!

Yours aye
Wind your neck in - some of us are trying to earn a living :twisted:

That's quality.

Why can't I invent some useless piece of shiite that will sell for millions?!?!

smudge67 said:
That's quality.

Why can't I invent some useless piece of shiite that will sell for millions?!?!
Something Bowmanesque is probably the right area.

DeltaDog said:
They are in use everywhere from Thailand to Pakistan and Lebanon.
And yet, not a single person bothered to test them? 8O
"The Iraqi government has bought 1,500 ADEs from ATSC for a total of $85m. McCormick told the Times that he'd provided the ADE-651s for no less than $8,000 each - some $12m. The other $73m apparently went on training and "middlemen", the paper said."

Ah yes. Of course.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/22/dowsing_rod_bomb_detector_bust/

I tested this stuff a couple of years ago.It did not work.It's apparently derived from some equipment made by Germans-Sniffex.There have been rumours in Baghdad that certain MOI seniors benefitted from this sale.That is no surprise to me.

Rumour has it that, Delboy was seen flogging snow to eskimos.
£85million somebody has had a large portion of dry **** on this one.

Aunty Stella said:
On Newsnight BBC2 right now, what a conning barsteward!
Agreed but as Deltadog said, if you were going to shell out £85 million for 1500 of them would you not ensure that rigorous testing and evaluation was done??

biffins-bridge said:
Aunty Stella said:
On Newsnight BBC2 right now, what a conning barsteward!
Agreed but as Deltadog said, if you were going to shell out £85 million for 1500 of them would you not ensure that rigorous testing and evaluation was done??
Or even just get someone to hide a mag, and make sure the device could find it?

muhandis89 said:
I tested this stuff a couple of years ago.It did not work.It's apparently derived from some equipment made by Germans-Sniffex.There have been rumours in Baghdad that certain MOI seniors benefitted from this sale.That is no surprise to me.
No sh1t Sherlock, I could have told you that from the start. Sniffex is a load of b0lloxs as well.

Will the Foreign Office fight the extradition request that is undoubtedly going to come from the Iraqi government? :?

Latest Threads