Fairly Unique Gathering

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by JT0475, Sep 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thought I'd share this pic with you, a formation of vintage RCAF aircraft along with an in service RCAF CF-18 Hornet, over Alberta. Not taken by me unfortunately, but is on Welcome to Vintage Wings of Canada, with more images if anyone interested.

Attached Files:

2. This pic is useless without Starfighters!!!

Actually that's pretty damn fine, I can't remember the last time I saw a decent display of aircraft. Probably some time before Ivan took his ball and went home.
  3. Never realised they used Sabres.
  4. Not only did we use the Sabre, we build the best of the breed, the Canadair Sabre Mk6.
  5. And for Biscuits Brown, a couple of shots of the sexiest aircraft to ever wear the colours of the RCAF.
    trudgen-8.jpg 9starf.jpg
  6. Did the Canadians have the same problems with the Starfighter that the Germans did?
  7. Oh Christ, not the Widowmaker myth again.
  8. Last time I saw a Canukian one was twenty la-la years ago at Prestwick. They'd gone cammo by that stage and were just about (literally, days) to be traded in for Hornets. The driver was doing walkrounds for interested parties, much to the chagrin of the other aircraft minders because it made them look bad. Chap was not happy that his rocket was being taken away from him.