Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by 00nate, Oct 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. my son recntly fainted due to not eating throughout the day do any of you guys get this? he hasent got diabetis or anythink he just had nuffink to eat n went out playin football !
  2. I get this problem too - the solution is to take savoury/substantial snacks between meals/when hungry (e.g. sandwich, banana, cup-a-soup) and not sweets, chocolate or instubstantial fruits (melon, berries, etc).

The problem is just that the blood glucose level has some problem regulating itself - eating sweet things between meals will just make it worse as there will be big "peaks and troughs" in the blood sugar level then, savoury snacks help to keep the blood sugar and a more intermediate level. Try looking at information on the GI diet as the aim of it is to keep the body's blood sugar level as even as possible.

Diabetes is a problem concerning an elevated blod sugar level - not one that's too low.

Anyway, if you're concerned then take him to your GP - its unlikely that he'll say anything much different but it might be more reassuring coming from them!

Hope this helps
  3. thanks for your help charlotte
  4. This is putting it very crudely, but diabetes is due to the body's inability to produce sufficient insulin, which is the chemical that enables the glucose in the blood to be utilised by the organs that need it. So the organs are, in fact, starved of glucose, which remains in the blood and is excreted in urine.
  5. I am aware of that but, not knowing the level of medical knowledge of the poster I was going for layman's terms and I think you'll find that you just said exactly the same thing! :)
  6. If I may infer from your spelling, Its probably due to the amount of fake gold he's carrying and the crack cocaine habit he was born with.
  7. Try feeding him! In order to work properly, the human body needs food, water and sleep. Is he gay by any chance? It is usually girls who starve themselves half to death.
  8. ye bt not everyone faints when they dont eat and (keyboard warrior go an av a w*nk u sexually frustated k*unt
  9. Oh right, so it actually isn't a mum but the lad himself.

I know very few ladies who say cunt, but judging by your chavvy backround you probably arn't a lady.

Does your son know who his father is :D
  10. no wonder he fainted if he ate "nuffink" to eat

tell the soft lad to get some breakfast down him
  11. Try Ready Brek you little cnut! Now **** off!
  12. Charge the little sh1t. I once missed brecky and nearly... "Nearly" fainted on a cross country run. I still finished before the CO and it still got me extra's for wasting the sections time after the run!
  13. lol ok