Failure to attend a parade

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Bayonet-mouse, Jan 18, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I hear that there is a TA Lt Col surgeon who has refused to mobilise for the forthcoming entertainment in the Gulf.

I bet that he has been more than happy to receive his annual tax free bounty for however many years that he has been in the TA, and moreover I bet he has enjoyed being a part of the TA.

I am now in the regular army, but I spent a number of years in the TA and I know damn well how the system works.

If this scrote has decided that his civilian job is more important than his commitment to the Crown then he should be court martialled without delay - along with all the other bullet dodging, money grabbing little weasels who blight the rest of the TA and Reservists.

The TA is a fine organisation that is struggling to exist with ever increasing cuts and erosion of morale and the last thing the good natured and honourable TA soldier is some ****** who is happy to live some fantasy life at weekends but is not capable of doing his job when the call comes.

If he doen't turn up as he has been ordered to do then he should be held accountable for each and every soldier who loses his life, is maimed or disabled because inadequate professional medical care was available when the bullets start coming the wrong way.

2. I have no details of this surgeon, but if he is a key player in the NHS then he is caught between two masters.  Do the civvies on his waiting list then sue the MoD for removing their surgeon and increasing their pain & suffering?

If he is only concerned about his private practice then throw the book at him.

3. Well if this Lt Col has got the same papers as I did, and as they are standard for all ranks I think he will have, he should read the 4 page "REVOCATION AND DEFERRAL OF CALL OUT - Gide for Reservists" that is included.

If you have a VALID reason for not going you can make your claim, it's that simple.

If his employers also have VALID reasons why they cannot let him go, they also get a guide in the paperwork they recieve and they can apply for a revocation or deferral of call up.

It may be that he has no reason for not going except not wanting to go, in which case the book will be raised, the arm drawn back and the book launched for a nice accurate shot, right between his eyes. Hey, he must have signed the piece of paper at some time eh?
    [​IMG]

There should be no reason for tantrums, foot stamping as long as you have a VALID reason not to go. Call me old fashioned, but this might be one of theose cases where the papers get a snippet of a story and then try and make a big bit of news from it.

4. I HAVE BEEN MOBILISED THIS WEEK TOO:
    IF YOU CAN'T FACE GOING THEN YOU COULD ALWAYS TRY THE OLD TRICK USED BY SOLDIERS IN THE SUDAN:

TURN UP WITH 2 PENCILS UP YOUR NOSE & YOUR UNDERPANTS ON YOUR HEAD "WIBBLE"

SEE YOU THERE OLD CHAP; HOPE THEY FEED US THIS TIME!