Failed Theory Test. Arghhhh!

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by trickywoo, Jun 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. kin bunch of arse that was. 96% on highway code then 25% on so called hazard perception. Place full of 17 year olds getting 80% because apparently they get that it’s all about “developing hazards” as opposed to actual hazards so someone crossing the road walking towards a car is a “click of the mouse” and full marks but a click when a car actually pulls out from a junction is a fail ‘cos I’m supposed to expect it. Which I do about 100 tmes a day in the real world when I drive from Horsham to the City on my Triumph Tiger or Harley Dyna as I've had full UK bike license for 20 years. . So I click every time I expect something to happen. Then I fail for “unsatisfactory test taking” by clicking too many times. Arghhhhhh!

So, a bunch of kids who can’t drive now think they’re experts and someone who has driven just about every bike ever made for 20 years all over the planet and has never been injured and has a pilot’s license apparently has poor hazard perception?

WTF is that about?
  2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

It's about a test not being fit for purpose :-(

I never had to do a theory test, have driven for over 30 years (and only once had 3 points on my licence - now expired) and my daughter who has held her licence for less than a year sometimes talks to me as though I don't know how to drive.....

Mind you she is a teenager, maybe she should leave home and solve all the worlds problems - whilst she still knows everything :)
  3. We all have to learn to accept failure occasionally. I hope that the rant helps you adjust. Are you an advanced motorcyclist perchance?
  4. Thanks for taking time out from your no doubt busy life to make a bone comment on something about you clearly know knack all. "Learn to accept failure and adjust"? Would Sir be an American with a large pychotheraby tab by any chance?
  5. Sorry to note that you are still angry with yourself. Having passed a quite basic test twenty years ago and ridden lots of motorcycles doesn't make you an expert driver. You'll just have to take the test again because however much sympathy you expected from members of this forum, you still failed.
  6. Nah, you're correct. I do feel better.

Test is still an utter waste of time as it has no relation to reality. From a quick Google, it's clear that I'm far from alone in this opinion. Also, I'm not looking for sympathy - I'm looking for others of the same / opposing views that the test is a waste of time. Not really looking for rent-a-shrink assistance either
  7. Obviously your Pilots License should be revoked, as you can't even pass a car theory test.
  8. I'm glad that you are feeling better. I expect that your search will also find lots of people who passed the test but who are very unhappy about it. Any help in restoring your blood pressure to normal is gratitious. You have a nice day now. Tomorrow will be better.
  9. Trickywoo....had the same problem a couple of years ago when I purchased a Scooter.......have been driving for 34 years and I failed the theory test twice.....yea.I clicked like feck cos I could see what was going on ahead....evidently I clicked too many times omg.....nevermind still using all four wheels lol
    Best regards
  10. Of your 57 posts on Arrse, more than one third involve the BNP / immigration. In order to prove my airborne hazard perception skills, I hereby offer to give give you a ride in my Cessna. If you don't like my flying, feel free to leave at any time. We'll be flying over Brighton which is nicely cosmpolitan in the summer.
  11. You bite way to easy.
  12. It's all about learning the test.

I happen to be an IAM adv motorist, and have in my time, been allowed to drive with blues and twos. I also have a bike licence, C + E, D + E, H and of course the rather snazzy hazmat.

I like to think I am a pretty good driver....

......And I still managed to fail the haz perception mock on a CD I bought for my cousin.

I don't know if it has changed, but apparently (because it is a computer) it docks points if you hit the mouse too early.

So when I see a kid with a ball on the pavement, and hit the mouse, I fail for being overcautious, despite my (in real life) similar reactions.
  13. Well aren't we tetchy!!! Perhaps you should just man up, find out the right times to click and not to click and resit it. Surely 18 year olds shouldn't be despised because they have passed something you seem to find beneath yourself
  14. Well, we have all failed something and been annoyed and used mis-placed anger to express ourselves and found fault with the system rather than accept that we failed. Not many people keep up to date with the Highway Code or traffic legislation once they have passed the test. I am advanced bike and car and although I try not to, I still make mistakes. Not happy about it but acknowledge that I am at fault.