Failed PFT, do it again tomorrow.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Kingxex, Sep 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it possible for me to pass a PFT the day after I've just failed one?

2. You tell us?

3. The MATT says No. You are to be retested after a period of rest, not less than 48hrs.

4. Irrespective of what the MATT says, the short answer is yes. This is especially the case if you had failed through distraction (eg idleness) rather than a gross lack of fitness. My advice would be to attend without hint of complaint and prove convincingly that your failing yesterday was simply an accident and that your fitness is not in question.

However, if you know that you had failed because you cannot meet the fitness standard, I suggest that you make the CoC (your PTI, whatever) aware of the 48 hour requirement. That way it eases the process of getting rid of you.

5. "Irrespective of what the MATT says", thats the spirit.

Who needs MATTS,laws,rules,stipulations, etc anyway eh??

6. Spot on; that IS the spirit. What are you saying; the OP should tell his CoC to piss off? Get a grip, this is the British Army not some branch of the Civil Service.

7. I suspect the PTIs and his CoC will already know about the 48hr requirement and the OP is wondering if HE can have the choice to do it again the next day. Am I right OP?

If the rules say 48hrs, it should be 48hrs. MATTs are there for a bloody good reason and they should not be ignored just because some idiot thinks otherwise. Get a grip of yourself. I hope to god you're not an NCO with that attitude. If he does fail another PFA within 48hrs, he'll have good grounds to make a formal complaint under the Army's own rules. And he'll win.

8. I hasn't been a test for some months now. It's back to being an assessment again!

9. Rules are for sissies

10. Well i find that hard to believe as we have just ran one for the trackers course here in Brunei and it was deffo a PFT.And yes there was a failure and RTU.

11. Is that why you're back home and on the net again.....porky ;)

12. No pork here its a muslim country and im not pointing fingers but it wasn't an infanteer like myself who freddied.

13. Failed a PFT?

Best you have a good excuse for if not, fcuk off and join the salvation army

14. In the infantry if as a senior rank you fail a PFT and are not downgraded or on the biff or injured you get a 3 month warning and if in 3-6 weeks you still fail a critical test your out on your ear.Fair do if you ask me.

15. I once failed what was then called the BFT (the 1.5 squad and 1.5 best time). When finishing, I stood in the wrong line and got given a "biff" token. God knows what it was as I'd only been in the unit 3 days and had no idea of their system.
    I retook it the next morning and came in under my normal 10 mins (I was 34 at the time) just to prove a point.
    (F**?%^ hell, I've just realised that was 26 bleeding years ago--------Bring back the Old n Bold section....please).