Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Failed online medical?

Hi guys, been getting fit for reserves for ages finally applied last night. This morning I was sent the medical form which I filled in, I was then instantly told I was failed. I called the number up and they told me the medical team will send me an email with the exact reasons I failed so I can appeal?

The only thing I can think that I answered wrong was the question about seeing 20m without glasses and contacts. I answered no as I need glasses however they never asked for details of my prescription.

I also answered yes to the question about broken bones fractures etc as I broke my arm 12 years ago, however this has caused me absolutely no problems since and I have a labour intensive day job. The rest of the injury questions I replied no to.

Anyone know what this could be? Is it just an autobot or should I be worried?

Is it worth me just reapplying and removing the section about broken bones as it was so long ago?

Any answers would help really had my heart set of joining was getted when they said I had failed for medical reasons!

I'd wait and see what the email says, if I were you.

If it is because of your vision, I believe that they've actually relaxed the eyesight standards slighly within the last couple of years.

Bubbles.png

Thanks for the replies guys!

Loving the picture "Spaz" :D

I think I'm going to call them up tommorow and find out my reason for rejection. Just incase its to do with my eyes or my arm injury years ago I've booked myself in for an eye test and going to get my medical file from my GP so if its nothing major I can just send the documents to the medical team.

Really hoping its nothing major. Read the forum and heard people getting rejected on the online medical form for literally anything other than perfect so a lot of people have to go through the appeal process.

Failing that or I can't get a clear answer I will go down to my unit on Tuesday when they all meet and see if they can help me as suggested above!

The online medical is a simple 'pass or fail'. If you don't fit the perfect pass score without futher explanation then it's a fail. It's easier to think of it as a system to filter in those who have no declared issues (subject to checking the medical records about them)