Failed my AOSB

Discussion in 'Officers' started by sprint81, Apr 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :( I failed my AOSB Briefing a couple of weeks ago. Mainly due to my MAP test score and Planning exercise activity. I feel bit disheartned because it was something i reallly wanted to achieve. I got awarded a CAT 4 .
    I accept my weaknessess but when you feel you have been at a disadvantage. I was with a very strong group. three current serving military personnel includin ga marine and former RAF officer...
    I lost my confidence and wasnt really myself due to this. I know the Group Leader can only mark you on what he /she can see.

I work alot for my MAP tests /current affairs. Only did 1 planning exercise though before my briefing. Think I just lost my confidence on this.. Its weird because the ETS wrote a very positive report about me ie potential to be succesfull at board and RMAS ,hard to get sponsored by these. I feel no positive comments were made about my performance in general. I blitzed the fitness/obstacle course. Am a very active sports person.. coach, teach as well.

Anyway im going to appeal my CAT 4 and see what happens. Have any other people appealed against thier grade ? whether unsuccessfully or successfully.

Thanks

2. You could always join as a Tom, do a few years and then re-apply with some experience.

3. yeh could do but im 27 dude..

4. With language like 'Dude', you wouldn't fit in anyway with half the inbreds that command men anyway mate.

5. Did you use words like 'dude'?

6. And finish sentences with 'innit'?

7. Wiggy, wiggy, wah, wah

8. Appeal?

If you're not good enough, you're not good enough. Pretty simple really innit.

You'll find that the people who were grading you have a bit of experience and can tell if a person is not a suitable candidate. You clearly weren't.

Your post sounds as if it's not your fault as you say you were 'disadvantaged'.

Why?

9. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Sounds more like he's gutted and a bit raw about it to be honest mate. A wee bit of casting about for someone to blame is probably to be expected.

10. Shot! Out!

Litotes

11. msr

msr LE

You are competing against a standard, not against the others.

By all means have another go, you were only graded on the 'briefing'

msr

12. While we are on this topic.

I didn't pass but got an encourage to come back.

I haven't received the letter from the Vice-president, which would clarify a timescale for going back and what I need to work on. However, I was wondering if anyone knows what it is likely to be.
    i.e : is it going to be 12 weeks ? - that i can handle

12 months...well, that a different story.

Thanks in advance.

13. I think 6 months is the usual wait.

14. Thanks OP

Think it's worth joining up as a soldier and try in a few years time ?
    Or should I try the AOSB again before I do that?

Anyone's educated opinion, greatly appreciated.

15. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Sprint - have you considered the RAF Regiment?