Failed CDT

I am the mum of a soldier who has failed a CDT. I understand how you all feel about this as i can't stand drugs myself. My son is learning a very hard lesson and quite rightly so. My question for you is, how long does it take from first learning you have failed the test to getting discharged. Any help greatly appreciated as this has been going on for what seems like ages now and i can't find the information on google. Thanks to anyone who responds.

Any idea who or what that grown up is?
Being far from grown up, but having seen it far too often,

The last Knobhead from my place was booted out in just under 2 weeks from notification that he'd failed to the walk of shame through the gates. I think it rests with the CO as to when the said Knobhead is wheeled in front of him and what's in his diary.

(Knobhead being a polite term of phrase..)

My congratulations on your son having been a soldier and my commiserations on his less than favourable cessation of service. Hopefully both elements will have taught him something..

Has he been told theyare going for discharge?

Is he coming home to your house?

You should ask him what he wants to do now and gather some info 9ie college prospectuses). Perhaps ask for support from a drugs charity. Just what to look for etc.

I'd imagine some sort of menial job may be in order too, build up the Reference collection.

If his name is still on his bedroom door replace it with 'druggy w4nker'.

I am the mum of a soldier who has failed a CDT. I understand how you all feel about this as i can't stand drugs myself. My son is learning a very hard lesson and quite rightly so. My question for you is, how long does it take from first learning you have failed the test to getting discharged. Any help greatly appreciated as this has been going on for what seems like ages now and i can't find the information on google. Thanks to anyone who responds.
Maybe he should have learned earlier by reading the posters and listening in to MATTS Lessons instead of being of his tits on opiates or whatever. druggie waster.

Sorry for your son's actions, we all make mistakes and i have made a few whilst serving! I am a parent and understand your worry. I am still serving and deal with CDT'd within my Regiment and you are not the only parent in this situation as alot write to us and ring begging for them to stay in. Unfortunately we can not bend the rules for one. Depending what he got caught for is depending what he gets charged for.
If it was minor, cannabis i am sure he can just go to colly (army Prison) do his time and continue serving but this depends on his previous records etc, good/bad boy. If it was Class A, Coke etc he will be kicked out for sure. It all depends on his CO, etc. If there are bigger priorities he will be put to the back of the que as he has let the Battery down, i know this sounds wrong but that is the way it is.
If he is young and understands his wrong doing, he will get another job. STAY AWAY FROM THE DRUGS!!
Hope you find out soon.

Regards

If you want assistance Annie you will have to post some pics of yourself first Im afraid!

Its in the rules!

It can be about a week. I know a couple of lads from my old unit that would come off tour and go home and take drugs on POTL, because they knew we were due a CDT on return and saw it as an easy way out, rather than having to wait a year from signing off or if they hadn't done the minimum time to sign off. Sad really, has your lad recently returned from an op tour?

I've seen lads booted out with as short as 4 days from notification to standing outside the gate with their heads spinning wondering what the **** happened. The CO wanted to make an example of them and it worked!

Travelgall

LE
Kit Reviewer
I echo Brotherton Lad. Your son has been stupid but the fact that you care about him says an awful lot - you brought him up right, he was the one that failed. He'll still need your support and some of the guys on this list will be able to help you SupportLine - Problems: Armed Services and Ex Services: Advice, support and information Have a quick word with the Padre of the unit and he should also be able to help too - I'd be surprised if he hasn't already offered some support to your son. As Lewis07 says It depends on the drug he's taken and any mitigating circumstances - he might get away with a time in Colchester and come back a better person for it, or if its class A he's out as soon as the Colonel can find a spare 5 minutes.

Good luck though. I wish you all the best.

I'll just point out that the vast majority of youth today and in previous generations (Mine for instance) have a dabble in drugs of all types at some time

Unfortunately yours gets tested and he got caught.

This doesn't neccesarily make him a smackhead ****** druggie and a total loss to society as some of the judgmental auld c+nts on here make out

his life isn't a write off, just his military career, he may actually be quite happy with that.