Failed asylum? Bus leaves next week, good luck!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Alsacien, Mar 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Apparently the useless Belgians are not as useless as some think:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8569920.stm

"We'd heard that Belgium had a liberal approach towards asylum seekers," Agron says, adding that there are several people from his village who have been there for years, often without papers.

"I thought we'd get social housing and opportunities to work because conditions in Western Europe are better. "

He thought wrong.

You cannot blame a man for trying to improve the wellbeing of his family, but this is better done by helping to improve conditions in his own country.

Asylum is being abused, and the cost of confirming that is prohibitive in itself.

Clever, joined up thinking is needed, in cooperation with other EU countries if this economic migration is to be better managed.

2. Well,at least they didn't put them on the Eurostar to London,or they would be housed and on benefits into perpetuality.

3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Don't worry, give the guy a year and he will be at Dover........

4. Hopefully by then Labour will be history and the next lot will be deporting him back across the Channel(or better still finding him at Calais)forthwith.

Thay lieing cnut Phil Woolas was on BBC world today claiming that asylum seeker numbers are down into the UK.Talking out of his arrse,more like.

5. Okay so... The Tories will introduce a radical immigration policy that will significantly decrease the number of asylum seekers and/or economic migrants reaching these shores will they?

Like their radical new defence policy
    Their radical new system of taxation
    And their ground breaking new policy on the payment of benefits?

In fact their new or radically different policies on any issue which is repeatedly cast up as being the "fault" of Broon & Co.

Dream on.

And get ready for a whole helluva lot of the same, no matter who wins the next election.

6. I did say"hopefully".But I must agree with you thay not much is likely to change.

Which may explain why I am typing this 6,000 miles away from Britain.

It may also explain why the Tories are only about 7% ahead in the polls.

7. A year ill bet he is in the UK now with a flat.

8. You cannot blame a man for trying to improve the wellbeing of his family, but this is better done by helping to improve conditions in his own country.

exactly :evil:

9. Spot on.