Fail at Main Board

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Green_Wellies, Apr 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just got the letter from AOSB saying I didn't pass. Gutted. I thought it had gone well, I knew there were one or two areas of weakness but they were obviously more serious than I thought.
    Literally feel like someone has hit me with a sledge hammer. I'm TA and looking for a TA commission. My unit seem as surprised as I am and are saying we need to hold fire on the post mortem until the feedback arrives.
    Am now worrying about whether I'll be able to go back again; I know there's a 'Fail - Discourage' category; does anyone know if that is something they would tell you in the letter? Mine does mention 'if you decide to make another attempt....you should address your weaknesses first...etc' which says to me that at least the option is there. Can anyone cast any light on that?
    Also is there any way to shorten the length of time you have to wait till the second try?
    Sorry, am rambling; this is something I desperately want and have worked damn hard on. Obviously, it's not been enough but I'd appreciate any thoughts/guidance

2. GW,

There are now oodles of similar threads, might I suggest using one of them?

3. You get two attempts, discourage or not.

4. In terms of shortening the period of delay, given how over-subscribed the AOSB is at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not much less than six months until the next available Main Board anyway. As whisky_octopus says, everyone has two shots at AOSB.
    Best of luck at your second attempt, I'm sure if you apply your feedback it'll be fine.