Fahrenheit 9/11

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Gas Gas Gas, Jun 25, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have not seen the film and I have no real intention of doing so. However, I noted the following statement from the BBC News site:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3838243.stm

And Bush campaign spokesman Terry Holt said "the American people can tell the difference between fact and fiction."

News to me! :?

2. Most of the great, God-fearing American public still believe Saddam Hussein was behind 9/11 and that the war in Iraq was retribution. They don't read. Their newspapers, with notable exceptions such as the Washington Post and the New York Times, tend not to carry much foreign coverage of events. In Alabama, they think what's happening in Kentucky IS foreign news. Land of the free, home of the brave and the incredibly uninformed.

I met US soldiers in Saudi in '91 who weren't quite sure exactly where they were and could not have identified their location on a world atlas. Stunningly insular people. :roll:

3. Michael Moore should get an honoury Knighthood for pissing off gung ho gun fondaling spams everywhere they see him as the new satan.
    for extra points ask them how many copys there favorite rightwing nut job sold of there latest book hint it won't be as many as moores book :lol:
    then come back with you can't buck the market :twisted:

4. Yanks.......only happy to watch trailer trash beating each other up on daytime television. Produce something thought provoking and anti-presidential .....Bang you are SATAN. 8O

They have never had an original thought since the invention of peanut butter. :twisted:

5. Anybody read (or heard of) Noam Chomsky?

I've been a follower of his works for some years now, and has produced what I (in my humble opinion) consider to be some of the most interesting and controversial material on this subject I've ever seen. Moore is good, and provocative, but not on the same level as Chomsky.

6. Moore may look scuzzie but he has a knack of putting the boot in very persuasively while luring his opponents into ridiculing themselves.

"Bowling for Columbine" is the best documentary ever produced on that side of the pond. Watching him put Charlton Heston on the spot and wipe the smile of his face was fantastic.

Any idea if another distributor will be found or will we have to wait until Kerry is Prez to see 9/11 ?

7. Bowling for Columbine, got to go into the sad but true files.
    moved me to tears(honestly)
    as fir ******** heston, speechless, cept for nobb*r