Fag Machines Banned In England.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mr_Fingerz, Oct 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. I noticed in the BBC "read between the lines and you'll come up with a lot of flaws in our report" that it stated that almost all of smoking adults, started smoking before the age of 18.

Well done you morons, obviously you didn't print that it was only about 3 years ago (Google's not my friend today so can't be arsed to look for the right date) that the smoking age was raised from 16 to 18. Which means that about 90% of the smoking population could have started at 16 legally.

BBC news is informative, but they do tend (like most) to neglect to tell you information which makes their stories more pants.

P.s. Fag machines were a rip of and you should have been better prepared.

3. And there was me expecting another George Michael thread.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Never knew 'Fags' came from machines,,learn something new everyday

PS. Isn't it a homophobic law.....

5. Although they didn't though, we all know most kids start smoking when they hit secondary school because it makes you look cool and hard.

• Like Like x 3
  6. On the piss a few weeks ago we were well oiled up and my mate ran out of smokes. We went up to a machine in the Gate (Newcastle) and he started putting pound coins into it.

Turns out it was actually a shoe machine for lasses when they are sick of their high heals they can buy a little pair of shoes to cut about in instead!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Actually legal age to smoke is 16, it is 18 to purchase, go figure eh!

8. Yeh, it took me a couple of years in school to figure out how cool it is! (rather than was)!
    Smoking age might be 16, but you can have alcohol in a pub at 14! Granted, meal, seperate area, can't buy etc.

9. I used to work for quite a large nightclub several years back and it never got old seeing people do that. The look of confusion on somebody's face when a little bag is dispensed sans cigarettes but with a fetching pair of slippers is priceless.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thank fuck for that now you don't have to pay£7 for 16 fags!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nop, you can have a whole box of 20 for your £7! Bastard taxation!

12. Like banning cig machines is going to make any difference!!!
    Kids will still nick their parents cigs or get an older mate to buy them just like they always have done!
    This is just more erosion of our civil liberties. When will the gubmint start to run the country and stop running our lives? This is supposed to be a democracy not a dictatorship!!!
    Bollocks to them I'm going to up my intake of cheap foreign imported cigs just to piss them off :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Banning Fag machines has started a train of thought that goes all the way back to the 50s/early 60s.
    In those days (and before) you could get lots of things from coin operated machines,my earliest memory is the 'Nestles' chocolate bar for 2d.
    Other items I can just about recall are

Chewing Gum
    Cigarettes
    Chocolate
    Milk
    Coca Cola

I am sure that there must have been others,any offers?
    I am not counting the Automat in Brighton because that was indoors and you could get sandwiches etc....

14. Coca Cola will prbably be next when they try to take everything out on fat people! Thank god I'm a reasonably weighted smoker!

15. Really? Have they taken away your right to vote? So why not try voting for someone who will give you what you want. Democracy its a wonderful thing.